1. Great location with a short walk to the falls.
2. Great service and friendly staff.
3. In the center of town with ATM's and booking companies nearby.
4. Rooms are good, but not great
5. Good value, although I thought Vic Falls hotel and Vic Falls Safari lodge were nicer overall.
1. Found the menu in the Palm limited. We ate at the Victoria Falls Hotel also and thought the food was better.
2. Although they claim to take AE, MC, V, they really only take 1 (I think it is Visa). You have to use your other cards at the bank next door. Case advance on my AE card at 19%? No thank you.
3. The air conditioner had an automatic timer on it and it kept turning off after 5 hours.
Overall I think this is a very good hotel, but the other two hotels have some advantages.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ilala Lodge is ideally located only minutes away from the spectacular Victoria Falls. A family run hotel, Ilala Lodge has 56 stylish, well-equipped rooms, providing the ultimate in comfort. The top-rated Palm Restaurant at Ilala Lodge offers delicious al-fresco dining under the starry African skies, whilst listening to the roar of the falls. The staff are attentive and friendly, and ensure your bucket list trip is perfect for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotelopia and Expedia so you can book your Ilala Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ilala Hotel Victoria Falls