See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

I went for a lunch meeting in this hotel and I must say I was very impressed with this place. The staff are highly professional, the hotel itself is in excellent condition and you can see it is well kept. Kudos to the staff and management over there.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
ManagementRep2016, Guest Relations Manager at New Ambassador Hotel Harare, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Refreshing day to you Seb!

Thank you for your kind review and generous rating of our Hotel. The review will go a long way in inspiring all the Associates at New Ambassador Hotel whom you describe as "proffesional" to maintain the refreshing smiles and service.

We look forward to your return to New Ambassador Hotel and to your review of the progress we would have made then.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

My first time accommodation and hosting of a business meeting at the New Ambassador Hotel in Harare. Very hospitable and courteous staff. Loved the rooms and customer care. May need a little colorful paints of the walls, remove carpet in the rooms. The food and beverage staff may need a bit more training and courtesy.
Overall very good, and location in city center makes it easy reach for all.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Sam M
Reviewed 25 January 2018

The hotel is located in the CBD, very ideal if traveling for business in town. I had requested for a room with a shower but that never was. I was promised to be moved on the second to a room with a shower but guess what, was phoned at 21.30 hrs and advised that I can now change the room. This appeared awkward to me as I was already snoring in my bed. it was very unfortunate for me as I could not enjoy my shower.

Thumps up to the GM.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
ManagementRep2016, Guest Relations Manager at New Ambassador Hotel Harare, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor EnockMan.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at New Ambassador hotel and thank you again for your review on TripAdvisor. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience that was caused during your stay at New Ambassador Hotel. We are grateful for your honest feedback as it provides us with insight on areas that need constant monitoring and improvement. We hope to host you again

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Where else in the world can you eat breakfast to the sound of continuous rolling 80’s pop on half speed. The New Ambassador morning playlist consists of Cyndi Lauper, Paul Young and lots of other long forgotten western pop icons in a hypnotic soundscape that leaves you wandering if something psychedelic has been dropped in the (watery) coffee. This is one of the strangest hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff have been excellently drilled on the brand values of the chain and everyone welcomes you with the unexpected phrase ‘Have a refreshing day Sir’. The breakfast is not great and priced implausibly high along with the laundry service. It feels like no one bothered to check the tariff since the currency collapsed in 2007. Standard wise, the New Ambassador is basic and this is reflected in the cost. I get the sense that the staff do what they are told and no-one is allowed or expected to make changes to improve the place. This hotel is living in the 80’s on half speed. Let’s hope the collapse of Robert Mugabe can give the team here the energy to step into the future... Would you want to spend breakfast with Justin Bieber or Beyoncé - please make your suggestions at the reception desk on arrival. Have a refreshing stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
ManagementRep2016, Guest Relations Manager at New Ambassador Hotel Harare, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Thank you for staying at New Ambassador Hotel stevesmith127 and for rating your experience on TripAdvisor.

We were grateful to have you as our guest. Thank you for indicating out areas that are in need of attention. It is through feedback channels like this that we can continuously aim to do better. We value your feedback and hope to host you again.

Regards

Reviewed 21 September 2017

New Ambassador Hotel is one of Harare's old hotels surviving from the colonial era but the service there is still great. The room was very clean and very spacious. Check in was easy and without any fuss. Staff were helpful and professional. There was complimentary free Wifi which was great. The linen was clean and room well made. This hotel exceeded my expectations as I expected it to be run down and sub-standard. In the morning we had very good breakfast and the chef was very nice and helpful. I recommend New Ambassador Hotel to anyone who wants to have great service without breaking the bank.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
ManagementRep2016, Guest Relations Manager at New Ambassador Hotel Harare, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear Alex D. thank you for your review on trip advisor.
Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your recent stay at New Ambassador Hotel. We are pleased to have been of service to you, and that you enjoyed your stay with us.Your feedback is important to us as it allows us to continuously improve our products and services.
We thank you for your support, and look forward to welcoming you back to New Ambassador Hotel.