Hotel Les Ambassadeurs
Ibis Tunis(Tunis)
US$74
US$71
ibis
Carlton Hotel Tunis(Tunis)(Great Value!)
US$90
Elvoline
  • Restaurant
US$119
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 February 2011

Modern and clean hotel.Expensive.
Bar is open till 9pm, no menu and u r force to drink what they have only, as we cant found alcohol in any shops.
Breakfast is just ok.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rosehibiscus_73
Reviewed 28 August 2010

I use Trip Advisor a lt because I find it normally reliable,. I chose this hotel because of trip advisor rating. We were very dissappointed.
First, it claims to have internet. My booking.com reservation says that it has wifi in the entire hotel. NONSENSE! There is one internet outsource in the lobby which requires depositing coins. No printer, no scanning, nothing. I asked the front desk lady where was the business center. She pointed to that section of the lobby and said, "this is it.:"
Second, this is a hotel of "NO" e.g., no tissues in the room, not basic cosmetics (shampoo, body lotion), no tourism brochures, no help on tourism issues, no saccharin, you name it. A the rooms are claustraphobic!
Third, the food is remarkably mediocre. We were there during Ramadan which meant we had to rely on the hotel for meal during the fasting eriod (breakfast and lunch). The breakfast food buffet was constantly cold and stale. I a presumed French hotel the croissants were always stale and dry!! The juices were so bad we purchased good one in a supermarket and took them with us to breakfast. The lunch meal was also quite mediocre: repetitive tastless vegatables, inevitably dry beef dishes, only an occassionaly decent entree.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank AncientSpy007
Reviewed 30 July 2010

Good location, taxi to medina or center of Tunis costs very little. Our room was big with a view over Park Belvedere. Our room was clean and we got new towels every day. We tipped the cleaning person when we left, we were very grateful for the clean room having experienced the very opposite in a hotel in Hammamet. The breakfast was included in the price and was OK. We ate dinner at the hotel restaurant the first night, because we came from Hammamet, it was late and we were tired. The dinner buffet was OK, but we were not impressed and ate dinner elsewhere the following days. All in all, a good hotel, we would absolutely come back later.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ikka_NO
Reviewed 2 April 2010

My husband arrived for a couple of weeks of independent travel in Tunisia and ended up staying for a month. We stayed at the Ambassadeurs for the first week and loved our room, new furnishings, flat screen television, balcony over-looking Belvedere Park and the Zoo. The staff are very helpful and the cleaning staff are thorough.

The buffet breakfast is adequate for Tunisia, but the lunch and dinner buffets did not appeal to us so we are elsewhere. There are several restaurants in the vicinity but we usually had a light meal in the evening and ate our main meal as we roamed around the city.

We returned to Tunis after more that two weeks touring the country in a rental car. We were given our previous room and kept extending our stay for a few more days, and then a few more days, until we ended up staying here a total of 18 nights. We would never have stayed so long if we hadn't felt so at home in the lovely room, with fluffy towels and trendy furniture.

The hotel is a little on the expensive side for, at over $100 US for the superior room, but we found the standard room just a bit too small for our comfort. We travel for several months each year and like to have a little room to settle in as we spend more time than others might inside.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed one night at this hotel in May 2009. A Tunisian friend of mine recommended it as a 3-star, quality hotel. Although a bit expensive at around $80USD a night (slightly pricey for Tunisia), the hotel was nicely situated across from a park and the zoo and within walking distance to many cafes, restaurants, and a great gelato shop, as well as the old city (20-30 mins walk).

The bed was soft and comfortable, the room was very clean, and the hotel was very quiet. We slept well.

There was no business center, however. Also, the front desk staff is not exactly service oriented (no surprise in Tunisia, though). After requesting an iron (for which they did not know the English word -- so I looked it up in French and called back), they informed me that they were "out of irons" and thus had none to bring to me. (???) Also, when I asked the front desk clerk if he could recommend any interesting sights within walking distance of the hotel, he literally could not recommend anything. And the hotel is in the middle of the city!

As for other details, the breakfast buffet was included in the price and was small and basic. I stuck with bread and jam, while my boyfriend opted for the more exotic option of rice and peas (yes, a breakfast choice).

All in all, it was a good stay and I'd recommend for a basic accommodation.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business