“Worst service Ever!”
Review of Le Diplomat

Le Diplomat
Ranked #39 of 55 Hotels in Tunis
Reviewed 25 January 2010

I thought this hotel would be rather good as it had no terrible ratings well I was wrong the staff were really not nice they were really nasty to our younger members of the family they actually swore at her because she took more then 1 plate one was for the bones from the meal The toilets were leaking onto the floor it was very dusty not good for people with asthma i tried to charge my phone and the whole socket fell out, the lights went on and off the shower also gave out brown water for the first 15 mins I wish to never go back worst place ever needs to be refurbished. Then agin the area was really colourful. not that far from medina.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 September 2009

I stayed in this hotel just for 1 night, included in a package that contained a circuit to the south of Tunisia and a beach stay in Yasmine Hammamet. I consider it a good hotel for 1 night before starting a circuit through Tunisia. In a leisure trip I don't see the reason why you should stay more than 1 night in Tunis. Diogo Costa - Portugal

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2009

i will stay at this hotel and i will recomend it to my freinds and family the only thing is quite far from the city center the services was very good

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 January 2009

I stayed only one night, and found it a pleasant place to be for the night. The room was big enough and airy, and clean (albeit not overly so). A safe was present in the room, and I did have (free and fast) Internet connection.

Staff during my stay was helpful and friendly.

Breakfast is not very nice though - not too much choice and set up in a room that is run-down and in which smoking seemed to be allowed (a curse all over Tunis, I'm afraid).

In short: good value and recommended, if perhaps not a "top tip".

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 11 September 2008

Well, this will be a mixed review because there were some good points and it was certainly not a horrible hotel. The hotel itself is a star, except it really should be 3 as it is in need up updating and plenty of repairs.

Our room was big and you could see that at one point it was probably very nice similar to say an English Hilton International,

The bathroom had had a bidet which had been removed and left behind was an awful brown mark! The toilet brush was literaly covered in faeces!!! There was mould around the sink, a nnails coming out of the wall by the shower and the plug holes were filthy. The floors looked as though they needed a good scrub and the lighting played up. We had to ask for replacement bulb for a strip light but it did not arrive. The lamp flashed on and off with dodgy electrics. My partner was taking his clothes out of one of the draws and pulled out a used sanitary towel!!! We were horrified and decided at that point to leave.

The food was not too bad, but I did end up very poorly for 5 days and I did not eat much while there through fear of being ill.

The bedding was changed every day which was good and the towels, though the towels looked like old ones used from a salon.

The service was quite good in as much as they tried to be helpful but at one point our lighting had gone and we were in total darkness. We phoned down 4 times and waited what was a good half hour before someone came!!!

We left after 6 days and booked into a hotel in Hammamet which was better and only 3 star!

My advise, always listen to the reviews and try to get a balanced view from them all. Tunis is not very nice it is incredibly dirty and uncomfortable for a women as it is a strict Muslim country. It is more relaxed around the coast and I would seriously recommend Sousse and Port El Kantaoui especially for first timers in Tunisia.

I hope this review has been of some help and please feel free to ask any questions.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank sma68