All reviews lake view close to the airport business trip dining area is nice hotel berges du lac rooms are big and clean bit dated great business the air conditioning carthage airport nice breakfast three nights room service is wi fi breakfast buffet is hotel restaurant
Reviewed 26 June 2018

I stayed here for 4 nights for a business meeting being held at the hotel. It is close to the airport (10 minutes in a taxi) and has a lovely view over the lake. The public areas of the hotel look very nice but this is where it ends unfortunately.

My room had a lake view (which was nice) with a balcony which is overlooked on all side and had no chairs on it so was a bit pointless. The room itself was a reasonable size and traditionally decorated. There was a lack of plug sockets - only one at the desk and one on one side of the bed. The air conditioning was not very effective and very noisy and even when turned off continued to make a gurgling noise which made sleep very difficult.

Breakfast was OK, nice fruit but everything else was a little disappointing and the coffee was terrible. We ate lunch in the hotel everyday and the salads were exactly the same each day and were also the same for one evening meal which we also had in the hotel.

WiFi was terrible - incredibly slow and a poor connection - which meant doing any work was very difficult at times.

The area that the hotel is in is quite modern but there are a lot of closed businesses and there isn't much to see or do. It is also 'dry' so if you want any alcohol you have to go elsewhere for it - a taxi into the city centre is only 4-5 Dnr.

I would not choose to stay here again on a future visit to Tunis - hotels in the city centre are probably better and much more interesting.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Samy M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Les Berges Du Lac- Concorde, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Dear Sir,
Your feedback is particularly valuable because it allows us to increase the satisfaction of our customers.
We regret that your experience has not been up to your expectations and we apologize for the disappointment.
Be assured that this does not represent the service we wish to provide to our customers.
We remain at your disposal for any further information and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in our establishment,
Best regard,

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

For the amount I paid expected more.
Gym basic and dreary with no towels
£’5 for a coffee!!Why?
Breakfast was ok just very bland
Evening starts at 7pm again bland
Front of house looks good and impressive but not really behind that
Wi-fi not good unless at ground floor
Room was spacious and clean however this is the only positive..
Oh and when I checked out cards didn’t work because of their network,even though when I checked with banks there was nothing blocking..
Overall not good.
Will I return....Not really
FYI taxis from airport shops be about 30td and it’s a 10 minute ride
Hope your trip is better than mine

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back for an other entirely flawless experience in the near future.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed 11 March 2018

I stayed here three nights on business at the recommendation of locals. They praised its quick access to the airport and the convenience of its local area. They were right on both counts. The local area is safe and has several restaurants and some shopping within easy walking distance from the front door. The back of the hotel looks out on the lake, and it is quite scenic. The hotel restaurant has a terrace that looks out on the lake. The terrace is accessible whenever temperatures permit, which is most of the year.

The hotel itself is of a Western business standard. It has a formal restaurant where a breakfast buffet is served in the morning and formal meals at lunch and dinner. Right next to the lobby is a bar/restaurant where more casual meals as well as coffee and tea can be taken throughout the day. I found myself in this area every day at lunch time enjoying a Turkish coffee. The breakfast buffet is good, especially the area where orange juice is squeezed fresh. The one thing I found a bit odd was the lack of an egg station. I would have expected to be able to order an omelet or fried eggs, but I never saw anything of the sort. The wait staff is pretty good, and I enjoyed the coffee every morning.

My hotel room was good, but nothing special. It was what I would expect from a hotel of this quality. If I have a complaint about the hotel, it is the fact that the air conditioning was not working. Nobody told me. It was stuffy in my room when I checked in; so, I turned on the air conditioning. A few minutes later I noticed I was being hit with hot air. I confirmed it was coming from the air conditioner. I turned it off and slid open the glass door to allow fresh air from outsie into the room to cool things off. This brought the temperature down to a comfortable level, but it would have been nice to be told this before I went through the exercise.

All in all I had a good experience here, and I would recommend it to others coming to Tunis for either business or holiday. The price was good, and the staff are professional.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Samy M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Les Berges Du Lac- Concorde, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

Dear Mr Greg ,

It is so pleasant to see that you have enjoyed your stay in Concorde les Berges du Lac .
We thank for such positive and refreshing comments. Be assured that comfort, peace and quiet are always part of the journey when staying in our property. Our devoted staff will be there to welcome you during every one of your stays.
We sure hope to welcome you back very soon for another enjoyable stay in Tunis.

Best regards

Reviewed 5 March 2018

This is the third time I have been staying at this hotel. It is a more than wonderful hotel. This time I stayed there for more than a month from 26 January to 26 February. Located in the modern district, there are many shops, cafes, fine restaurants, The hotel is excellent, the staff are all nice, since arrival and they accept you with a smile, and room service is more than fantastic and fast, excellent. You feel at home in the kindness of the deal, preferred management of the hotel and staff on good reception and services.

Room Tip: Each hotel room is good, but the best overlooking the lake
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr Munir

Thank you for taking the time to share such amazing comments about your stay at Concorde Les Berges du Lac.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and the attention to details of our teams, always striving to provide an exceptional service. As you mention, we strive to excel in every possible way in order for our guests to live pleasant moments among us and we are very happy that you were impressed by the quality of the service that you are experiencing at Concorde les Berges du Lac.
Please be assured that your kind words have been shared with all the teams who were so proud to read your message.

It will be our great pleasure to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 26 February 2018

This is quite simply an idyllic hidden gem. Our suite, on a corner overlooking the charming pool, hotel gardens and sea was tastefully furnished. The main bedroom itself was spacious with a comfortable four-poster bed and six pillows.

Room Tip: "Corner suites are large and sunny"
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends