“Good fish but...”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

The starters we took the fried fish (which were cumbersome to eat due to scales / fish bones which weren’t cooked enough to eat without removing) , the mussels (delicious) and the grilled calamari. There was something wrong with the taste of the calamari as it tasted so burnt but it was only grilled.

The fish (sea bass) which was the main was delicious and fresh but presentation could be better.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

This was my third visit to Slah in the last 5 years. Nothing has changed since my last visit. Every sea food is fresh to an astounding degree and prepared to perfection. The unpretentious environment and location in a hidden downtown street to me are some of the highlights of the place and the Tuna in Oil is to die for. Booking is essential as there was hardly a table at lunchtime on a Tuesday.

Reviewed 20 April 2018

Simple menu, delicious, friendly staff but limited wine list. Great spirit and friendliness - we were the only non- locals. I would reccomend

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Tucked away in a side street, this restaurant is small, a bit cramped, but loaded with character and tradition. The fish did not disappoint either. Our group of four ordered a selection of dishes and shared. It was an excellent experience. The service was also very friendly and part of the good experience. To cap it off, as we left the manager stopped us to inform us that we had overpaid. Nonsense! It was a deserved 20% tip.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

I went for a three course meal at Chez Slah, all by myself while I was waiting for my friend to arrive in Tunis having flown down a couple of days in advance. Finding the place was easypeasy thought it was in the middle of an otherwise totally anonymous alley, but hey - I wasn't there for the views!

The restaurant is nothing fancy inside, and a little cramped with tables but very cozy and as there weren't too many patrons this afternoon it was more than spacious enough.

My starter was nothing out of the ordinary, but the fish I got for the main course was really good! This was the chef's recommendation for the day and I've found it's usually a good idea to go for whatever the chef recommends.

What made the experience stand out however was that the owner chose to accompany this lone traveler at his table and share a local drink with me. He was a really friendly guy, and definitely a person I'd recommend other travelers to go visit.

Would I go again? For sure. While the restaurant didn't get a 5/5 on my scale, the people working there sure did. :-)

1  Thank brwatne