All reviews the ground floor junior suite city centre tv channels ferry terminal rooms are large one night walking distance enjoyed my stay the hotel staff free wifi tulips reception zanzibar bedroom harbour business
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Good value. Staff are great and service is good. Some minor touches to the the rooms would bring about better finishing and enhance the appeal of this very well located venue. Staff are very personable and charming which makes for a comfortable and relaxed stay.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Jacqueline K, Guest Relations Manager at Golden Tulip Dar City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Dear our value guest.

warm greetings from all of us here.
I first thank you for taking your valuable time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.on behalf of the whole team i do appreciate and value your effort to make sure your comments gets across to reach us.I am also glad that you enjoyed your stay.I have taken a note on some minor touches to share with the management for improvement.
Once again I thank you and looking forward to welcoming you at Golden Tulip Dar City Center soon.

With warm regards

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Checked in on 19th march 2018 out on 21st march 2018. 4 pax. This place is great! All was very good!I wrote it in the comment sheet! Gym is wonderful! Very friendly staff! View of the city when on top floor.no need to close curtains ! We shall be back!!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Jacqueline K, Guest Relations Manager at Golden Tulip Dar City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

to our valued guest,
let me take this opportunity to thank you on behalf of the entire Golden Tulip City Center Team for choosing to stay with us and also for writing your awesome comments and rating our hotel on Tripadvisor.
I cant thank you enough.
We are looking forward to welcoming back again in the near future.
Regards

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

The location is perfect right in city and close to the ferry terminal. Room looked very nice with a nice view over the city roofs. However, upon arrival no towels we're provided, the safe didn't work, the wifi connectivity was very poor to non-existent etc. The breakfast buffet was nice, but nothing noteworthy for a hotel in this price range.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Jacqueline K, Guest Relations Manager at Golden Tulip Dar City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Dear Johannes,
Warm greetings from Golden Tulip City Center.
greatly appreciate the time you spent writing your comments and rate for our hotel.
upon arrival we do provide our signature welcome drink instead of a towel,but i will take it to the management to see if it can be implemented.
In the matter of WI-FI connectivity,we have added some more devices to the floors to strengthen connection.
we also change our breakfast menu daily.

I thank you again for your reviews.

Warm regards

Reviewed 13 March 2018

We decided to stay one night in Dar es Salaam on our trip back from Zanzibar to Brazil. The hotel seemed nice from the pictures and the reviews. As a matter of fact there are pros and cons. The pick-up at the airport was very efficient and in time, which is in my opinion very important when you are the first time in a new city, even for well traveled people. The check-in was also good and professional. Our room was okay regarding the size and what we really loved was the balcony, where we could watch the movements of the city, sunset and enjoy the night with a drink. What called our attention was the mostly bad quality of the furniture and finishing of the room and bath. For example our shower cabin literally felt apart and nobody could fix it. Another thing is the fact, that there is no alcohol served or sold in this hotel; on the other side this was solved by a employee of the hotel, who bought some beer for us outside on the street. Later I went out in the night and bought some beer by myself, which was no problem, because to us it seemed a very safe location even at night. We had dinner, which was just so so. What was really poor was the breakfast - for such a type hotel totally unacceptable. After all we can recommend the hotel but not more than one night.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2018

If you can find some place else to stay in central Dar es Salaam, do so. The food at breakfast is marginal, at best.
Because the reception area in on the 20th floor and the rooms are on floors 15 through 19, there may be something of a view. However, the lack of supporting amenities, such as edible food and the stark rooms are not enough, in my opinion, to make the view worth the price. Moreover, take seriously the admonition that they cannot guarantee the safety of your possessions.

Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank Valerie V

Dear Valerie,
greetings to you.
Thank you for sharing your reviews of our hotel which i have learnt that you were not happy about almost everything.
I do apologize for not meeting your expectations as our duty is to make sure we provide an outstanding service to all our clients.
we have made some changes in some areas of your concerns(Breakfast)we have also reviewed our menu and made some changes.
In the matter of security,we do have 24hrs CCTV cameras within the building and outside as well as security guards in the area patrolling 24hrs .
I welcome you again anytime you visit Dar Es Salaam and i assure you of the best service.

Regards