All reviews grill night on wednesdays new wing central dar pool bar long flight checking out tanzania bellman
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

A conference at which I was a speaker was held at this hotel. The hotel had a few positive aspects otherwise the experience of staying here was not that memorable.
Positive - it is located in a place close to some shops for souvenirs and chitenge, isanga, etc shopping. Walking distance to the vibrant Kariakoo market and the famous Akemi revolving restaurant. Staff are very courteous and helpful, common areas are reasonably clean. The fruit at breakfast was very nice and fresh and kept in a transparent fridge. That was really nice.

Negative - The hotel driver came late to the airport, the rooms look old mostly due to the wallpaper which definitely needs replacing. I discovered that the room safe was not working and reported the same day I arrived. This was never attended to (Room 923 on the 9th floor). The bathroom only had a single lonely looking towel. One day when I came back to the room to take a quick shower, the lonely towel had been removed for washing maybe but no replacement had been left (could be because housekeeping was still working on that floor). The toilet after the second day didn't work that well either but I did not bother reporting seeing they could not even fix or replace a safe. The breakfast was extremely limited, no whole wheat bread, neither was there a choice for cereals apart from plain cornflakes and another type of corn pops. There were no vegetable options at breakfast for the 3 days I was there. The pancakes were tasty though and so were the dried matoke.

I would not wish to stay here again unless there was absolutely no choice.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for one night at the end of June. They charged me twice for the same room service meal. I sent numerous emails and finally got a response from their accounting office who insisted I send my banking information in order to get my refund. When I declined (because that’s just not safe) and asked them to return it to the card they withdrew it from all communication ended and weeks later I still do not have my money. Book a different and honest hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 May 2018

My sister and I came to the Peacock Hotel after walking around in the City Center during the rain.
We came in for a tea and lunch.
The service was extraordinary even though we weren't staying at the hotel.

We were able to check out the rooms which were exquisite!
They have traditional dance on Wednesday evenings.
The food was delicious- we had the fish and chips.

The rooms were spacious and clean and well designed!

Everyone wanted to make sure we were well taken care of.

We would definitely recommend staying at this City Center hotel.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2018

I stayed here for 2 1/2 weeks on a business trip and by the end of that time I felt like I was part of the family. The staff all have superior training and they just really take care of you. While I was there the main entrance was under construction and so you had to walk through the garage entrance to get in but there were always at least 3 bellman to greet you as you walked through the work area. My room was gargantuan and very comfortable, very clean except for the area rugs that really could use a cleaning. My bathroom was modern and spacious. The internet could be intermittent but wasn't a huge problem. Breakfast was good and offered a wide range of food including the traditional Tanzanian fair and lots of fruit and baked goods. On Monday night there is a grill night where they barbeque a range of food and on Wednesday night they have Tanzanian night which is an experience not to be missed. They serve a buffet of about 25 kinds of ethnic food. There is a band and then traditional dancers. I found the day to day restaurant food to be quite bland and expensive compared to the local restaurants--several of which you can order in from.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

I visited this hotel and the customer service is amazing.the rooms are very spacious,wifi is great throughout.i especially loved the pool bar at the third floor which had happy hour very relaxing place .i also had the chance to experience their tanzania night.improvement on the breakfast and food would be great .i would definitely come back.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo