See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

The best place to feel as if you are home,good service ,delicious food , kind people , plus that there is that tradionnal touch that gives you the sensation of being in Tangier.

I always had the idea of travelling there ,with this hotel , I dont regret it even tho i faced some problemes but it was good anyways.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

A grand hotel in it's days. The decor is dated but not too worn. The food is quite good. The service was excellent. The drinks are higher then comparable places but that was disappointing. Overall a great restaurant.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2017

This hotel has a very 1960's vibe... either retro or it just hasn't changed, the coolness of it, is all in your perspective! Very basic, but the staff was friendly. The pool area was cool. Great for a budget friendly price.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Alison F
Reviewed 13 February 2017

Location of the hotel is good and only a short walk to the old town.

Fine for a cheap stay.

Breakfast was brilliant though and I'd happily stay again just for the nice breakfast! Lots of options, freshly cooked food and fresh juice.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2017

I cannot say enough how I was so pleased with the graciousness and attentiveness of all staff at Chellah Hotel!

I was traveling in Morocco for the first time and by myself and I felt well looked after and most comfortable here, especially by the restaurant staff.

I was booked into the Chellah by a travel agent, doing a tour just the first day then staying on solo thereafter.

Yes, the hotel should indeed be renovated - it's been a long time, by the look of things, but my room and bathroom were scrupulously clean and everything worked fine - heat, hot water, etc., for which I was thankful during one of Northern Morocco's coldest spells ever.

Mostly, I was happy with the attitude of front desk and restaurant staff that obviously enjoy their jobs and the benefit of using their prodigious language skills (English, French, Spanish and Arabic) in engaging with their international and Moroccan guests to very agreeable result!

This hotel is no more than a 20 minute walk from the Medina, Petit Souk, Kasbah, Port, etc. and I preferred being in an area which was quiet at night, yet within a 5 minute walk to nice tapas bars in the evening.

If you are not on a big budget, whether you are solo, couple, group or family, I would recommend the Chellah for your Tangier stay.

Date of stay: January 2017