All reviews train station complimentary water and soda spoke arabic cooked salads museum of contemporary art french and english great rooftop traditional moroccan dishes old fashion modern hotel top floor minute walk short stay great dinner within walking distance mint tea beds were comfortable
Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

The main station is only 3 minutes walk away. Cafes are nearly on every corner serving you panini, Pitza, sandwiches and deserts. Food is not very expensive.

The hotel is clean, and the people at the main desk downstairs are very helpful.

Breakfast is excellent, a choice of hot and cold starters, yoghurt, cereals and Moroccan foods.

All in all, the hotel is good for what you are paying.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Farid07956
Reviewed 27 June 2016

As you can see, I gave the hotel a 4, and a negatively titled review. The location is great, the breakfast buffet was great, and the bed was comfortable, amenities were fine. The two issues that I had was there is a POTENT air freshener in the corners of each of the floors, situated right outside the corner rooms. The smell is overwhelming, to the point that my husband unplugged the electric fog machine in the night, so we could sleep! Due to the smell, we slept with the window open. This would have been find had the road we were next to not been a hotbed of activity late into the night. Also a quick reminder that there is a call to prayer in the am, and the hotel must be near a mosque. it was loud. Other than the smell and the noise - great spot!

Room Tip: Not near the corners of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bushnell620
Reviewed 23 June 2016

We were happy coming in to this hotel as we were welcomed with cookies and Moroccan mint tea which is nice after a long road trip and ferry crossing from Spain. In the rooms, pillows could have been softer and the duvet lighter and fluffy for better sleep. Breakfast was ok but a bit too spicy for my taste especially early in the morning. What we appreciated too is that drinks in the room fridge were free at least for our group. The main disappointment was that they did not want to serve wine by the glass so we ended up ordering by the bottle and most of us found them rather pricey eg 22euro.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank jinshen55
Reviewed 6 June 2016

The hotel is literally a five minute walk from the main Rabat Ville train station and a three minute walk from the tram station. The area is reasonably clean and more to the point safe. The medina is a ten minute walk and hassle free. It is easy to travel around as the train and trams are so close by. The hotel is clean, comfortable and an ideal place to stay for a city break. The rooms were adequate and the breakfast was fine.

Room Tip: Ask not to have a street facing room as these tend to be a little noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorna M
Reviewed 31 May 2016

I was unsure about booking the Hotel Belere, as recent reviews within weeks of each other were significantly inconsistent on the same topics (cleanliness, breakfast, staff).
I’ve included a photo of the breakfast, the room, and my thoughts on the staff.

Breakfast included many types of pastry, fruit, yogurt, cereal, eggs, sausage, meats and cheese, juices, coffees. The food was refreshed frequently, and everything most people would want for breakfast was included.

My room was basic, clean, quiet. I was on the third floor on the side street in a deluxe single which had a low, narrow dresser, desk with one chair, two double beds. Bathroom had a bidet, toilet, and a large tub/ shower.

My experience with the staff was fine / acceptable. They spoke Arabic, French and English. I arrived at 4pm and there was difficulty finding my reservation (booked on a major US website), but was eventually sorted out. No mention of a free minibar, or free wifi (the access code is on the back of the key packet, and service is very good).

Hotel Belere is a solidly good hotel, up to US standards, but isn't anything unique. Choose it if you want to be near the train station, or care about security (you have to go through a metal detector to get in), or having things like a hairdryer, consistent hot water and good wifi, or air conditioning.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo