All reviews train station take taxis nice stay breakfast buffet business trip
Reviewed 28 February 2018

On arrival, reception staff were not overly friendly, but then, the next morning we saw the same reception staff on as the night before - so I'm guessing they were tired so I'll let them off!

I've never stayed in an IBIS hotel before, and to be honest, I won't be rushing back.

Our room was fine - nothing amazing but a clean large bed which was a bit hard for our taste - but you can't please everyone.

The bathroom was only just big enough really. Could have done with being slightly bigger. The shower door reached the sink nearly which made it tricky getting out of the shower.

We were on the fifth floor and couldn't work out the air conditioning to get the room at an ambient temperature. Might have been us making mistakes but this made the room very very hot by morning. We resorted to opening the window which helped.

On our last day, we asked reception to help us print our boarding passes for our flight home which the young lady on reception was very helpful with. She also mentioned that she only charged us a quarter of what she should have when we arrived, which was annoying. Would have been easier if they had come to me the next day or left a note at the room door as I would have preferred getting this sorted quicker. But not to worry.

We had breakfast one day on our stay and paid extra as it was not included in our stay. It was nice and had an adequate amount of choice of fruit, pastries and eggs and some meats and bread. There were also waffles, but these we did not like too much.

Not a bad stay, but could have been better.

Room Tip: make sure you know how the air conditioning works before you sleep!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2018

I was surprised by IBIS..I realy enjoyed my stay there. my trip to rabat was for 12 nights, i have booked only the first 5 nights. Eventually, i extended for another 7 nights, as i loved the hotel. Rooms are comfortable and clean, and staff were always helpful and friendly. wifi is super also ! I would recommend it for families, couples, and business traveler. Great experience. Thanks to all at IBIS, and special thanks for "Zohra" The best house keeper i ever dealt with in all my travels. Omar/ Jordan

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 February 2018

The hotel is pretty standard. Good position to reach the Agdal station but a bit far from the main center of the Agdal area (avenue de France). The check-in was quite slow because every guest has to fill a card with his personal and travel information, even if an online reservation has been made. This seems to be the rule in Morocco hotels, but still it could be better organized in order to save the guest's time. The room was OK, nice and modern furniture, but with sub-standard equipment: no safe was available, only one big towel and just two small doses of shower gel that were barely sufficient.

Poor experience at the bar-restaurant: very long waiting times and significantly higher prices compared to Rabat standards, definitely not worth it. The main dish (tajine) was acceptable but the dessert was disappointing (and served on a dish that did not look very clean). Also, they tried to make us pay the full price despite the discount offer available in the menu for main dish + dessert combo: we had to argue to get the correct bill. Do yourself a favor and take a cheap taxi to reach the center where you can try true typical Moroccan restaurants!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2018

My girlfriend and I stayed here for one night and it more than exceeded our expectations. This Ibis felt more like staying in a luxury hotel. It's a super modern, immaculate and extremely well maintained hotel. It appears that Ibis is upgrading its brand and this hotel is a great example of the direction that the hotel is going in. The location of the hotel is good and it is next to one of the main train stations. However, Rabat is a huge city and there isn't really a central place to stay. If you are planning to stay at Ibis then expect to take taxis around the city, which is fine because taxis are incredibly cheap, there are just some traffic issues to consider. Also, the whole area around the hotel is under construction, including the train station which is being renovated. The Agdal district itself is nice but directly outside the hotel is quite dusty. Just something to keep in mind when booking.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2018

A good place for business trip and will be a good location for travelers as the new TGV Station is being build there. Need a bit of walking to find dinning options but if you are lazy, the hotel has a restaurant and bar that serve all types of hot and cold drinks. Room is simple and comfortable but beware to bring your own bottle of water as it is not provided by the hotel. Their laundry service is a let down, my clothes were still wet even when given to them at morning and receiving it late evening. I am an Accor member and until now the Hotel has not recorded my points.

Room Tip: Choose higher floor facing the residential area rather than city as it will be quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business