My wife and I have just returned from a short break at this hotel.
It is very pretty with friendly staff. We booked a standard room and this fell far short of four star standards in our opinion. It was very small and felt claustrophobic with no outside space. We asked to change rooms and were given a nice suite with a small balcony (although too small to sit out on). The hotel is as stated by many people literally in the middle of nowhere and if you don't have a car you are completely dependant on taxis or the unreliable shuttle service that left us stranded in the middle of Marakech in intense heat!
The hotel charge a government tax at approximately £3 per person per night, which they don't tell you about and if you are a family and are there for several nights could work out quite expensive, I feel they should inform guests either on arrival or it should be made clearer when booking. We booked half board and the food was quite good, however, and this was the main problem to us the drinks are extremely expensive, approx £2.75 for a can of diet coke, £4 for a small and only 3/4 full glass of wine and £16 for a bottle of wine! The bottled water was very over priced too which is very unfair as you need lots of water in the extreme heat of Marrakech. It would be a good idea if the hotel put together a drinks package or looked again at their prices.
Marrakech itself was as expected, completely mad! Be prepared for the most hassle you will have exerienced anywhere, we have travelled lots and are used to being harrassed particularly in places like Egypt and Turkey but this was far worse than anything we have experienced. If you can ignore all this then the medina is a fascinating place. If you are an animal lover you may find it really difficult, we saw monkeys on chains, very under fed donkeys and lame horses being cruelly whipped. This took the edge of the atmosphere for us and left a bad taste in our mouths.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Maison des Oliviers is the gap of the red city of tumults REVEE is the destination for a stay in Marrakech. You will find in its architecture the charm of the concept of a traditional Riad combines the most raffine.Afin comfort to relax during your stay, well be a service you will offer. Holidays for body comfort and curiosity of the institution esprit.Notre owns 10 standard rooms, 6 Ambassador Suites, 12 Senior Suites, 1 Suite Pasha Suite for 1 person mobilitee reduced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Fastbooking, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your La Maison des Oliviers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Maison Des Oliviers Hotel Marrakech
- La Maison Des Oliviers Marrakech