See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

My mum and I were left knocking on the door for 15mins before a cook/housekeeper opened the door.
We were the only guests there and arrived 1pm.
She couldn't speak a word of English and there wasn't anyone to check us in.
We were left waiting in the courtyard then she pointed up to the balcony where our room was.
There was no lock on the door, no towel or even soap to wash our hands.
We waited 2 hours and no one arrived, not risking leaving our stuff. I booked another hotel and left.
The manager then text me saying he'd waited all morning. He's a liar and rude.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2016 via mobile

Really fantastic host with Muha! Never experienced a guy that will help you that much, and also have a great sense of humor and like to enjoy life. Very very recommendable!

We stayed here 3 nights a friend and myself and ended up spending 2 evenings here with Muha.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 January 2015

Just came back from here last week and let me tell you STAY AWAY! I am a seasoned traveler and out of every riad I stayed in Morocco and every hotel I've ever stayed in, this was by far the WORST. Moha, the guy who manages this riad on behalf of someone else is a fraudulent,inconsiderate man (I'll soon tell you why). This riad is extremely difficult to find and only the certain taxi company that works with this riad knows where it is, so you're stuck using them to get around for an overpriced 100 dirhams to go anywhere. My family and I stayed in the two double rooms on the ground floor facing the courtyard.The rooms are extremely small, narrow, with very uncomfortable beds. The bathrooms had the biggest issues with water not draining in the shower, so you're basically standing in your own dirt while showering! There is also no trash can anywhere in the room nor any toiletries provided, not even soap to wash your hands! Every night we would return, the entire riad reeked of smoke and Moha would talk very loudly, sing, and get drunk until 2 in the morning, leaving guests unable to sleep. He also has horrible wifi that goes up and down in signal. His "breakfast" every morning is stale french bread with the same two types of jam, occasionally a glass of orange juice, and coffee--so pathetic. We were coaxed into taking his dinner offer which was so pricey ~$25 USD/person for a measly salad, bread, ok tagine, and overcooked steak. The kind lady who serves you food/cleans is even scared of Moha and she pocketed the tip I gave her daily very scared and in a hurry. What really made this place horrible was on the day of checking out when Moha presented his bill and I presented my Expedia bill that clearly stated in print that all taxes were included and Moha refused to believe me and charged me ~$100 in taxes. After showing him my printout a ton of times and trying to make him understand he started yelling at me and my family, calling me suspicious and a liar. He claimed his credit card machine didn't work and forced me into paying him in cash down to the very penny he cheated me of and since I didn't have any choice, I had to pay him his false bill in cash and he didn't even give me a receipt and when I asked for one he pretended to not know what I was talking about and then told me I was crazy for asking for a receipt. I produced my own written receipt and he refused to sign it and gave me his good for nothing fingerprint. As we left he just kept yelling at us out the door. Please DO NOT give this guy ANY business. I am going to report him to the Moroccan tourism board as well as other major hotel websites! Also, fyi, I reported this to Expedia and they agreed with me that he overcharged me by a lot.

Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank alymj
Reviewed 16 January 2015

Riad Elixir was the perfect place to start off our Morocco adventure. The roof top terrace is great for relaxing in the sun, playing chess and drinking mint tea - a true haven of the northern part of the Medina. Sahara made us great traditional moroccan food to be enjoyed in the cozy courtyard, easily fixing veggie-options upon request. Moha, the manager, is the absolutely perfect host, showing us the best of Marrakech and helping us get safely on to the coast and the mountains. After our more rural adventures, we actually returned to Moha's place for our last night in Marrakech - and it almost felt like coming home. Moha, of course, hooked us up with a great french restaurant for dinner and arranged transport for the airport next morning. We could not have asked for more!

Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Had such a great time staying at Riad Elixir, Moha is a brilliant host.
After the first night my friend and I were the only people staying in the Riad so he let us change rooms from the original double we had booked to one that was slightly bigger with two seperate beds.
He gave us a really helpful map of the Medina and gave us loads of useful tips and helped us plan our excursions (one to the Atlas mountains and one to Essaouira).
There are sun loungers on the roof terrace which we used a lot. The location is excellent, in the Medina but far enough away (still easy walking distance) from Jemaa El Fna to escape the tourist-traps and see the real Medina. We were two girls (both 23) walking around the area by ourselves and didn't feel unsafe, even at night. If you're worried about getting lost in the labyrinth Medina there is even a bus that runs from just 2mins walk away from the Riad straight to Jemaa El Fna.
Moha gave us a key and really made us feel like family, told us loads about the history of Marrakesh and the Berber people.
We ended up eating at the Riad 5 out of 7 nights because the food was so good! A different Moroccan meal each evening. Breakfast is simple but good: crepes, honey, jams and different moroccan bread each day.
Don't worry about the lack of pool it really wasn't a problem at all.

So to summarise: Stay at this Riad, with Moha's help we were able to learn so much more about Marrakesh and Morocco than we ever could have on our own. Enjoy your stay!!

Date of stay: May 2014