“VIP service”
Review of Riad Elixir

Riad Elixir
Ranked #551 of 1,195 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

Moha is the best Marrakech hoster! The Riad Is a great local and roots experience. It's a bit far from Jemaa el-Fna place, but the walk is especially so as the tuctuc ride! You have to try.

Thank you, Moha. For all!

Stayed: November 2016

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

My mum and I were left knocking on the door for 15mins before a cook/housekeeper opened the door.
We were the only guests there and arrived 1pm.
She couldn't speak a word of English and there wasn't anyone to check us in.
We were left waiting in the courtyard then she pointed up to the balcony where our room was.
There was no lock on the door, no towel or even soap to wash our hands.
We waited 2 hours and no one arrived, not risking leaving our stuff. I booked another hotel and left.
The manager then text me saying he'd waited all morning. He's a liar and rude.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2016 via mobile

Really fantastic host with Muha! Never experienced a guy that will help you that much, and also have a great sense of humor and like to enjoy life. Very very recommendable!

We stayed here 3 nights a friend and myself and ended up spending 2 evenings here with Muha.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 January 2015

Just came back from here last week and let me tell you STAY AWAY! I am a seasoned traveler and out of every riad I stayed in Morocco and every hotel I've ever stayed in, this was by far the WORST. Moha, the guy who manages this riad on behalf of someone else is a fraudulent,inconsiderate man (I'll soon tell you why). This riad is extremely difficult to find and only the certain taxi company that works with this riad knows where it is, so you're stuck using them to get around for an overpriced 100 dirhams to go anywhere. My family and I stayed in the two double rooms on the ground floor facing the courtyard.The rooms are extremely small, narrow, with very uncomfortable beds. The bathrooms had the biggest issues with water not draining in the shower, so you're basically standing in your own dirt while showering! There is also no trash can anywhere in the room nor any toiletries provided, not even soap to wash your hands! Every night we would return, the entire riad reeked of smoke and Moha would talk very loudly, sing, and get drunk until 2 in the morning, leaving guests unable to sleep. He also has horrible wifi that goes up and down in signal. His "breakfast" every morning is stale french bread with the same two types of jam, occasionally a glass of orange juice, and coffee--so pathetic. We were coaxed into taking his dinner offer which was so pricey ~$25 USD/person for a measly salad, bread, ok tagine, and overcooked steak. The kind lady who serves you food/cleans is even scared of Moha and she pocketed the tip I gave her daily very scared and in a hurry. What really made this place horrible was on the day of checking out when Moha presented his bill and I presented my Expedia bill that clearly stated in print that all taxes were included and Moha refused to believe me and charged me ~$100 in taxes. After showing him my printout a ton of times and trying to make him understand he started yelling at me and my family, calling me suspicious and a liar. He claimed his credit card machine didn't work and forced me into paying him in cash down to the very penny he cheated me of and since I didn't have any choice, I had to pay him his false bill in cash and he didn't even give me a receipt and when I asked for one he pretended to not know what I was talking about and then told me I was crazy for asking for a receipt. I produced my own written receipt and he refused to sign it and gave me his good for nothing fingerprint. As we left he just kept yelling at us out the door. Please DO NOT give this guy ANY business. I am going to report him to the Moroccan tourism board as well as other major hotel websites! Also, fyi, I reported this to Expedia and they agreed with me that he overcharged me by a lot.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank alymj
Reviewed 16 January 2015

Riad Elixir was the perfect place to start off our Morocco adventure. The roof top terrace is great for relaxing in the sun, playing chess and drinking mint tea - a true haven of the northern part of the Medina. Sahara made us great traditional moroccan food to be enjoyed in the cozy courtyard, easily fixing veggie-options upon request. Moha, the manager, is the absolutely perfect host, showing us the best of Marrakech and helping us get safely on to the coast and the mountains. After our more rural adventures, we actually returned to Moha's place for our last night in Marrakech - and it almost felt like coming home. Moha, of course, hooked us up with a great french restaurant for dinner and arranged transport for the airport next morning. We could not have asked for more!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple