“The best place to stay in marrakech!! :)”
Review of Riad Elixir

Riad Elixir
Ranked #545 of 1,186 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I booked my trip from Los angeles, CA just few days before I went to marrakech and picked Riad Elixir based on a traveler's recoomendation that I found on here..
I loved it!! My picked up was arranged by the Riad from and back to the airport, and I felt really welcomed and taken care of..The Riad's manager Moha, made it all possible..
He help me plan all the sight seeing, offered me some choices for traditional meals made at the Riad ( sooo good) and even took me to the medina to buy few things..Moha makes the Riad feels like home or a friend's place in morrocco..
My Room and the bathroom was very clean, and the breaksfast was amaizing!! please try the flat crepe in the morning!!
Fatima, the Riad cook, also made the best couscous ever!! deliscious!!
I would recommend Riad Elixir to anyone going to Marrakech the first time-please note I am a single woman travelling alone-and who wants to stay near the medina..
Thank you Moha!! merci pour votre acceuil si chaleureux!!

Room Tip: I like the room near the patio..it was nice and quiet.. check regularly for great rates- I was vry...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 April 2011

The Riad is very beautiful, a peace of heaven in the middle of Marrakech.
It's located in a typical muslim neighbourhood, a little bit outside the souks and Djemaa El Fna, but its charm it's exactly in this point.
The location may scare you at the first time, but if you use the square Bab Taghzout as as a reference point, it would be very easy to find, even at late night.
And although you probably woudn't find many tourists walking around in that area, it's a very safe place.
You'll find a lot of young guys trying to help you in directions (in change of money) and that could be a little annoying... you need to insist with them that you don't need help, that you know the place, etc.
In the Riad they will give you a nice map and tips and then it'll depend on your sense of orientation.
The rooms are amazing! The terrace it's a little bit abandoned (the decoration is good but it could have more details and the chairs could have more quality beacuse they are burnt by the sun), but it's very nice to get some sun and relax.
The staff is very friendly and helpul, and the manager speaks english.
If you want to return after 11 pm, make sure you get the keys or that will be someone to open the door.
The breakfast is good, especially to the eyes, although I personally don't like very much the maroccan bread and some of their pancakes and the orange juice is very little (but you can ask for more, of course).
They serve as well nice moroccan meals for lunch and dinner.
Some of the people here mentioned the noise that came from the mosque near by, but we didn't hear anyting. In fact these were the most silent nights that I had in Marrakech.
I recomend it! Have a relaxed time in this quite riad!

Room Tip: Don't pay more than 30dh for a taxi to Djma!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2011

Located in the North of the Medina, it's a little hard to find, but for a small fee you'll find some locals who will guide you there.
Rooms are quite comfortable and nicely decorated, especially the bathroom. It's all clean and the service is very good.
Although quite expensive for moroccan standards, staying in a riad is definetly worth the experience!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank drmikosch
Reviewed 12 December 2010

We stayed at Riad Elixir in low season and snapped up an excellent rate, but I would have no hesitation in staying here even in high season. I could rave about everything from the free breakfast in the courtyard, the tasteful and spotless rooms with modern conveniences, the charming owners and the incredible and caring Fatima, but I won't bore you.

If I had to pick a downside, it would be that it is a little far out. Technically in the medina, but on the outer edge. It's a short walk from the Riad to the local square and if you're happy to catch the local bus (2dinar) or negotiate a petit taxi everytime you head out then it is fine, but as we like to walk everywhere, it was a little bit annoying.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FancyPantsy
Reviewed 1 August 2010

Our trip to Marrakesh was a delight thanks to the wonderful Riad Elixir. We were met at the airport by a driver and spirited inside the Medina, arrival at Riad Elixir was the beginning of a most outstanding Marrakesh experience. The hospitality offered by Hassan and Fatima was superb. Our host Hassan arranged a guide to show us the palaces and places of interest in Marrakesh, this gave us incredible insight into the history and culture of this most wonderful country. We also arranged a a trip into the Atlas mountains, I would highly reccomend this trip to travellers, we took a walk in the mountains with a Berber guide and met his many family and relations, their generosity of spirit certainly made a memorable trip for us.. The accomodation at Riad Elixir is authentic and most comfortable and the meals cooked by Fatima were the best food we tasted in Morocco.
I encourage others to experience the hospitality of Riad Elixir. Donna Bush Australia

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends