All reviews owner peter roof terrace atlas mountains wonderful cook cooking class mint tea tagine smallest room other guests home from home yogurt plunge pool tucked away busy medina the perfect place to stay wonderful hosts visiting marrakech
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Marrakech is a must. Dar Zaman is a definite. Peter is wonderful, Karibira's cooking superb, Hassan's attention is exemplary and Achraf is just so cute!. If you have not booked to visit this amazing city then you are missing something, do it now and stay in a stylish haven amongst the noisy sprawl of the fasinating Medina. You won't regret this choice and you will want to return so sample more of their fantastic hospitality. I miss them

Reviewed 10 October 2010

This riad is tucked away in a more residential part of the medina. It was soothing and modern, while still evoking "Moroccan" ambiance. Although the rooms are rather small and lacking in storage space, they are clean and comfortable. There are only four rooms total, so it does have a homey feel. They open up onto a charming courtyard with a small plunge pool.
The staff could not have been more attentive. They went out of their way to be helpful in the riad, and to help us negotiate the chaotic Marrakech as well. We had dinner there our first night and the food was absolutely delicious. The hard-working cook Kabira takes a lot of personal pride in making sure everything is up to her standards.
The upstairs terrace is also lovely, and an ample breakfast is served up there weather permitting. The riad was a welcome respite to return to after a hectic day of sightseeing.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2010

Having recently returned from a four night stay at Riad Dar Zaman, I felt I had to write my first ever review, about the wonderful experience we had there. I went with three girlfriends, and, as we all prefer to have our own rooms to retreat to, we booked the whole riad, which worked really well, as we were able to treat the place like home, without having to worry about disturbing other guests.
There is not a great deal that I can add, to the excellent reviews, that have previously been written, so I will just reiterate, and say, that Dar Zaman has been beautifully restored by Peter, the owner. It is tastefully furnished, in typical Moroccan style, with lovely accessories, and fabulous artwork! The atmosphere is relaxing and homely, which is just what you need, when you return, at the end of a long, hot, hectic day out!
Above all, it was Peter, and his wonderful staff (Hassan, Achraf, and Kabira), who made our stay so special. From the moment we made the booking, until the moment we left, the service, care, and hospitality we received was truly fantastic. Always cheerful, and smiling, it seemed nothing was too much trouble for them, (I just wish I could have brought them all home with me!). To our surprise, and delight, Peter even found time to send us an e-mail, when we got home, checking that we had made it back safely, and saying that they were missing us! We miss them, too!!
I can't finish this review, without mentioning Kabira's cooking, which is amazing! We had arranged to have dinner in, on our first night there, and the food was so good, that we decided we would like to eat in again, on the Sunday, as we had booked (through Peter), to go on a day trip, to the Atlas Mts, and we knew we would probably be too tired to go out. I can honestly say, that Kabira's food was far better than the two meals we had out, in restaurants!
Thank you, so much, for making our first trip to Marrakech so memorable! I would love to return, one day, and cannot recommend Dar Zaman highly enough to others.

Reviewed 10 October 2010

We went to Marrakech to attend a Salsa congress and we wanted to stay in a Riad and see a bit of Marrakech rather than spend all my time at the congress hotel. What we got at the Dar Zaman was a personal service the likes of which no hotel could compete with. Peter and his staff just make you feel so welcome and nothing is too much trouble for them. The food is really excellent - so good we ate at the Riad most of the time. The Chef - Kalbira - provides genuine home made healthy meals. Peter and Hassan helped us find our way round Marrakech and organised trips and taxis. Hassan made sure we could find our way to the main square and Achraf came to meet our taxi at 3am and escort us back to the Riad after we had finished dancing. They were all so very responsive to any request we made, it was a great place to stay.

Our room was very nice and cleaned every day to a high standard. The Riad is pleasant and releaxing especially the roof garden and the courtyard area. It really did bring peace after the hustle, bustle and crazy rush of Marrakech. This was our first visit to Marrakech and the organised chaos takes a bit of getting used to. Once we started to find our way arround and learned to ignore the various 'strreet persons' trying to get their cut we really started to enjoy this city. It is a magical place, lively and full of life. We can especially recommend Cafe Arabe - our favourite place to chill with a drink and snack.

There are two things that shocked me about Marrakech - the poverty and the price of resturant meals. As a tourist I expect to pay a bit more but Marrakech is just as expensive as any European city ( some of the restuarants even more so and poorer quality food). On the other extreme there are beggars in the street trying to scrape a living from what they can. It doesn't add up and I guess that's what makes Marrakech Marrakech - a city of contrasts.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2010

Peter and his staff provided a warm welcome to the Riad Dar Zaman and throughout our 2 night stay, nothing was too much trouble for the staff. Particularly helpful were the detailed map and instructions provided on how to get to the main square and other places of interest. The room was very clean and equipped with air conditioning. The location of the Riad is very handy - around 15 minutes walk to the main square through the bustle of the Souks - and around 5 minutes from a taxi rank. The breakfast was continental style and served on a shady roof terrace. All in all we had a great stay at Dar Zaman and would highly recommend it.