1,148 results
All reviews the main square his team atlas mountains day trip tagine fresh orange juice quiet at night few minutes walk visit marrakech an oasis rooftop terrace old city bahia palace beautiful riad heart of marrakech four nights olivier
Reviewed 19 February 2011

Marrakech was not the place for us.A total culture shock BUT would not have missed it for the world.
Oliver in the dar janat was everything that tripadvisor said he was.
The staff were attentive BUT OLIVER and his beautiful riad made our stay special.

1  Thank ellington7
Reviewed 17 February 2011

My 20 something daughter and I traveled to Marrakech. She picked out this riad from the reviews on Trip Advisor, and the reviews did not disappoint!!! The staff was so friendly and accommodating. We got there and they asked us if we wanted lunch, which they then ran to the market to buy the food fresh and cook it.
The riad's location is a 5 minute walk to the main souk, but that is what makes the riad special... you get a real feel for living there by walking the streets. The only reason I gave the sleep quality a 4 is for the rooster that woke us up each morning. The rooms were great.
The staff told us where to go for dinner, and then walked us there. They give you cell phones in case you get lost in all alley's/streets. Oliver even managed to have one of the staff give my daughter a henna tattoo on her hand (very inexpensive)
I would recommend this oasis to anyone. Sip a glass of wine on the 3rd floor roof, and listen to the sounds of the city around you.

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank kathyD2274
Reviewed 17 February 2011

We stayed in The Riad for 4 nights. The owner arranged a minivan to come and pick us up at the airport. When we got to the riad the owner welcomed us with a glass of wine on the roof terrace. It is a great spot to visit Marrakech as it is a 5 minute walk to the square Djema El Fna. The staff was great, we will never forget the rich breakfast on the roof every morning.

2  Thank Carlotz-Paolo
Reviewed 14 February 2011

We loved our stay in Riad Dar Najat, the staff were delightful - honest, engaging, and helpful. The Riad was really lovely, and really interesting, with different places you could happily chill out in if you needed a break from hectic Marrakech outside. Especially recommend the dinner, the food was incredible (and was more than we could finish) and our 'waiter' was fascinating to chat to. The breakfasts were also lovely. I will certainly return if back in Marrakech! Not easy to find the Riad from where the taxis stop - good idea to take the staff up on any offer to escort you there!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Arnikka
Reviewed 7 February 2011

We treated our selves to a long weekend and didn't want issues with our accommodation detracting in any way. A Morrocan friend suggested the Riad formula and eventually I plumped for Dar Najat ... on e-feeling really.

We were met, very punctually, late on Thu night by a minibus driver at the airport and within 20mins we were sipping mint tea as we were introduced to the crew at the Riad.

The whole place has been very pleasingly decorated and furnished with wrought iron, woollen pillows and lashings of dark wood giving it a bohemian cool. The staff exude the same!

The first day we were led by one of the staff to the Jamaa al Fna square (as it serves as the hub for all subsequent exploration of the medina or old town) down some lovely streets - but, after that, even I could have found my way back blindfolded in 5-10 minutes.

Our room ('Walida') was smallish but cozy with an ensuite shower/loo/washbasin that met our requirements. The only thing I would have changed was to put a second bedside light from the start, to avoid the inevitable marital strain. The airco unit was easy to use (in Feb its chilly at night).

The terrace on the top floor is fabulous - done out jungle style with bamboo matting and the steady tinkle of water into a little corner pool (i guess very useful in the hot summers). By 9.30-10am its warm enough in Feb to enjoy the fresh air and sounds of the old town (mainly people and the odd scooter, not cars) as you scoff down a freshly made breakfast.

As my wife had a bit of a fluey episode (caught off me in Belgium) we were delighted at the staff's flexibility and, indeed, the excellent and very reasonably priced internal cuisine of Dar Najat (I had not known there was any food in the offing beyond breakfast) which enabled us to snuggle up in the Riad without feeling sorry for ourselves.

On the last night the staff booked the restaurant Dar Essalam for us (and most Riads probably have arrangements with these quite large dining establishments). Despite my 'I'm not really a tourist' pretensions and initial scepticism I have to say that the 'eat till you rip open at the seams/belly dancing/trad music ticket' was actually an experience worth having. Be prepared for the shock (even after just 3 days) of paying almost as much as for a run of the mill meal in a bog standard european diner (ie 35 euro per head incuding wine) for such an extravaganza :-)

In short: great place, strategicaly located, attentive, friendly and certainly not overbearing staff, great long weekend (except for the flu)

1  Thank DavidTAone