1,142 results
All reviewsthe main squarehis teamatlas mountainsday triptaginefresh orange juicequiet at nightfew minutes walkvisit marrakechan oasisrooftop terraceold citybahia palacebeautiful riadheart of marrakechfour nightsolivier
Reviewed 7 November 2011

This riad really made our holiday to Marrakech!

After a long exchange of e-mails between myself and the owner Olliver, we decided to book direct with him. His answers to my questions, always very promptly, certainly helped with my decision to book.

The welcome dinner we had for booking minimum 4 nights direct was unbelievable! Lamb tagine with lots of spiced vegetables etc - without a doubt the BEST meal we had anywhere on a 5 night trip. Breakfast was also tasty, served in the morning sun on the top terrace, which was beautiful. The whole riad was just beautiful - my first impression when we arrived mid-evening was 'wow', the lighting creating a great ambience everywhere.

The service was always brilliant, with Amin always willing to get us drinks and answer any queries we had with the area in general. He even took us to the main square on the first morning so we could find our way. Our shower had a slight problem with the water not being hot enough. Once reported this was promptly fixed by Tariq - another credit to the slick operation in this riad.

The riad is well located, about a 7 minute walk to the main square, which is good as any closer you would hear the constant passing of motorbikes at all hours - they literally ride bikes EVERYWHERE in the medina, even through the narrowest of alleys - be careful!

We had the Sakina room on the ground floor. The bed was firm but comfortable. Bathroom was a good size with powerful shower, and I believe the biggest compared to the smaller ones in other bedrooms we saw. Some may not like the lack of sunlight as the room is inside on the ground floor, but this suited us to enable us to sleep past sunrise!

To sum it up, we'd definitely recommend Dar Najat to anyone looking for a genuine riad in the medina. The staff, service, and the beauty of this riad makes an excellent base for exploring Marrakech.

Room Tip: Sakina on the ground floor has the biggest bathroom.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DJjay_123
Reviewed 6 November 2011

This is the first time I have ever bothered to do a review and it is because this place was so brilliant. Easily the best aspect of Dar Najat (and possibly Morocco!) is Oliver. That is not to say everything else isn't brilliant as well, as he runs the place his attitude is mirrored in the staff and Riad. It has lovely décor, is very clean, great food, friendly staff, and good size rooms. They are also aware of what a shock the area can be like and escorted us to the square on our first excursion, giving great directions. A nice touch was the mobile (Riad number already entered) on the key ring for the rooms (though it wasn't needed).

I do eat a lot and have a complicated diet for Morocco (ceoliac). We had emailed about this before hand and had a chat with them when I arrived. I had every faith that what I was eating was safe, and the dinner was incredibly tasty as well. ( I struggled in some places so advise you to prepare yourself before travelling). My friend confirmed the breads were incredible too.

I would definitely recommend this Riad, and if I am ever lucky enough to go back to Morocco can't imagine staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Seeking-GF
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Look no further, book this Riad.
Oliver is a legend, such a nice genuine guy, and his team is likewise genuine, kind and helpful.
Transfer from the airport, guided trip to the main square, lovely meals, good music. This is the best I've experienced in Morocco (9 trips), and will definitely be returning (with more time to visit the mountains and Olivers other riad in Essaouira).
The riad is well placed, beautifully designed, spotless clean and very well furnished. A calm oasis in a bustling city. Just perfect.
Nothing is too much trouble for these guys. You really wont be disappointed, just book it and let them take care of you (they even purchased train tickets for me).
Honestly, look no further, this is it!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Steve K
Reviewed 29 October 2011

From our very first exchange of emails when booking the Dar Najat, we knew it was going to be great. Oliver was so friendly, giving great pre trip advice and made us feel part of the family before setting foot in Marrakech. We really could write pages but suffice to say that the Dar Najat is a wonderful, peaceful oasis in a mad and amazing city. But the real gem(s) at the Riad are Oliver, Siad, Amin, Tarek, Souad, Brownie (their dog) and everyone else - always on hand to care for you. A message to Oliver - my friend, you made us so welcome, Jayne and I had a great time; thank you so very much. A message to anyone considering booking the Dar Najat - book it, you won't be disappointed!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EarlsdonUK
Reviewed 25 October 2011

First off, eat at the Riad. OMG it is the best food I have ever eaten. They go to the market every day and purchase the freshest fruits and veggies. Second, the staff are amazing. Super nice and helpful, couldn't ask for anything more. The Riad is a beautiful oasis in a chaotic city.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends