All reviewsrooftop restaurantlocation is amazingkoutoubia mosquejamaa el fna squarecharming hotelsahara desertthe wi fithe main squarebig squaretraditional styletea coffeeeasy accesssnake charmersevery morningspamoroccomedina
Reviewed 13 May 2017

The Hotel Islane is very reasonably priced. If I am honest I expected a run-down hotel with poor service (you get what you pay for). However, I could not have been more wrong. Yes, the shower/bathroom could do with an update but that is minor. As soon as I walked in the hotel staff were exceptionally helpful. However, the thing that stands out is how they do not look to sell you excursions etc. They just allow you to get on with your holiday.

The location is mint. The main square in only like a few minutes away. Also, it is an easy few minutes not one filled with lots of twists and turns. Staying in the square until the early hours knowing you do not have to catch a taxi back to your hotel is pretty sweet. After a long day chilling out in hotel terrace is very relaxing.

Regarding other negative comments. Poor Wi-Fi. The Wi-fi in reception and the terrace is good but does not go to the rooms. I preferred using the Wi-Fi on the very relaxing terrace rather than in my room. The rooms are basic. Comments like this drive me crazy. As long as the room has got warm running water and a nice comfortable bed with a safe you are Golden – Hotel Islane has all of this. You are surrounded by wonderful heritage of Marrakech – explore the city. Why would you want to stay in your room? I speak English and none of the TV channels were English speaking. This had no impact on me as I was there to see Marrakech and take a break from watching TV.

The breakfast included is basic but more than enough to get you going for the day. It consists of various breads with Jam, Butter and some OJ with Tea/Coffee.

Negative comments are very harsh. I feel in love with Marrakech are will regularly return and my choice of stay will always be the Hotel Islane. I loved it.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank LoneCockney
Reviewed 19 April 2017

We recently visited Marrakech for a white water rafting adventure. The rafting company (Rafting Morocco) recommended the Hotel Islane. It is centrally located and on a main road (Avenue Mohammed VI) so had easy access. The staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and had ensuite and aircon. It was just a very short walk (less than 5 minutes) from the central square. What an amazing place! Meals at the hotel were great and very reasonably priced. We were very happy with our stay at the Hotel Islane.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the Restaurant - less noise
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suepjm
Nathalie E, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel Islane, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

Hello,

We would like to thank you for your kind comments.
We were delighted to welcome you to our structure.
We would like to see you again very quickly for other equally great moments in our company.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

I give 4 stars based mostly onbthe location, which is just about perfect. On the road to the new Town yet a stone's throw from the Djemma El Fna and medina, it is just yards from where the airport bus drops you. Opposite the Katoubia mosque it's practically a landmark in itself.
The rooms have improved since my first visit some years ago and they are making more of an effort with the decor. My room was almost riad-like and the bed very comfortable. The bathroom was rather tired and had a distinctly drainlike smell but the over bath shower was good and hot.
The roof terrace is simply stunning and a lovely place for breakfast which is standard Moroccan. The free WiFi works on the terrace but not in the room.
Despite being right next door to the mosque I found it completely silent at night. I think I heard the early call to prayer in my sleep but it didn't disturb me, that's just part of being in Marrakech :-D
My only complaint would be that it's a bit overpriced especially compared with some of the gorgeous riads but it's so much easier to find!
Just perfect for a first and last night if your budget can stretch to it.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Nathalie E, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel Islane, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2017

Hello,

We thank you first for your kind comment.
We were pleased to welcome you to our establishment and were pleased that the stay you enjoyed.

We also take good note of your remarks as this will allow us to improve.
However, our wish remains to see you again very quickly.

Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

This hotel is placed in front of the biggest square in Marrakech. It's perfect to discover the city by walk. The rooms are pretty good, as well as the breakfast, which includes lots of croissants. I recommend you to change the money for Dirham in the hotel. They have a really good price! The only thing that could be better is the Wi-Fi, which didn't work in the room.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Nathalie E, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel Islane, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Hello,

We would like to thank you for your kind comments.
We are delighted to hear that your stay at our hotel will please you.
We also take note of the remark concerning wifi and will try to remedy it very quickly.
Our wish is to be able to see you again very quickly.

Reviewed 4 February 2017

This hotel is in a really good location in Marrakech, just a few minutes walk to the central area of the Medina. All the staff that I dealt with, particularly Khalid and Imale, were also really friendly. I was feeling very ill during my stay and Khalid was particularly helpful in making things as easy as possible for me while I was feeling very unwell. Regarding the actual building, the rooms and corridors are quite basic and very dimly lit, and there is Wifi in the reception area but I couldn't get any in my room or in the corridors. However these things did not detract from my stay and I would recommend the hotel for its location and the helpfulness of the staff.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Nathalie E, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel Islane, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2017

Hello,

Thank you for your kind comments.
We were happy to have you with us.
We hope to see you again soon.