Albakech House(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$51
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$78/night.

US$332
US$235
Riad 72(Marrakech)
US$1,207
  • Pool
All reviewssuperb facilitiesclimate controlsurrounded by palm treessmall palacebeautiful swimming poolhotel groundspool sideatlas mountainsmain restaurantpancakesfresh orange juicean oasispalmeraiesuiteraniataxismedina
Reviewed 25 August 2015

It was an oasis of calm and beauty in the midst of the heat and bustle of the Palmeraie. Palais Mehdi was without doubt the highlight of our stay in Marrakech. We were almost moved to tears when we stepped into its stunning courtyard for the first time the entrance of the palais look very luxurious yet very traditional. We felt like staying in our own, private little Moorish palace with the delightful Sophia and Aicha and the beautiful team with the 2 Salah's and the others who were looking after us. What kind, gentle, hospitable people.

We had food at the Palais during our stay in Marrakech. Breakfast was included in the price. Food was fresh, plentiful and authentically Moroccan but also have european breakfast.

The Palais has its own hammam/ spa/jacuzzi and a beautiful Swimming pool. We were most of the time enjoying the pool has the place was very quiet and relaxing.

I recommend this place to all the people who is looking for good services/ relaxing times

As the Morroccan say: European have watches Morroccan have time! Meditate on this.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mo69800
Reviewed 23 June 2015 via mobile

This place makes u feels home, very good privacy but fast and excellent service. I stayed in suite Sofia, beautiful Moroccan design, direct access to the pool, breakfast is tasty and personalized. Spa was good and I enjoyed the very nice and quiet garden.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vincent K
Reviewed 30 October 2014

We arrived at 2.30 in the night and were greeted by really helpful night staff; there was a meal in our room for us and the suite (Rania) was superb - a large bedroom with super kingsize bed, and a separate sitting room with a large day bed, which opened out onto a patio where we had breakfast each morning. We must thank Sophia and her team for looking after us so well and being concerned about all the little details throughout our stay.
We would most definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again, but for longer next time!
David & Cymone

Room Tip: all rooms are good, but some are separate from the main building and so may be quieter; in our experience the whole hotel and grounds were blissfully peaceful.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DavidCymone
Reviewed 24 October 2014

I was planning a small getaway to Marrakech and I was looking for luxurious yet traditional accommodation to help me recharge. After a little bit of online research, I found Palais Mehdi and knew it was the place for me. I read a lot of mixed reviews about the Palace's location, but it really depends on your personal wishes. If you want to be in the middle of the busy, alive and dynamic medina, then you'll be happier elsewhere. However, if you are looking for a place away from the noisy maze and want a place of your own where you can relax with enough space and silence to recharge after an active day of sightseeing, then this place is perfect for you. This was my 5th time visiting Marrakech and I usually stay in the Medina area, so this time I was interested in a new experience.

I booked two separate suites through Expedia. Upon arrival we were taken to the pool area and offered a complimentary glass of fresh orange juice. When we were taken to our suites, we noticed they made a mistake with our reservation. I specifically booked two separate suites so every couple could have their privacy, but instead we were given a larger suite with 2 bedrooms (which has lower rate then what we booked). I had also requested that one of the suites would be on the ground floor since we were travelling with someone who is weak in their legs. The hotel claimed to be unaware of our request. After speaking to one of the employees, the manager came in to solve this situation. We were offered an 'upgrade', but the suites we were taken to were exactly the ones I had booked. The suites were absolutely breathtaking, luxurious and beautiful, so I was not complaining. It was just strange that they pretended to upgrade us instead of just admitting they made a mistake when we were checking in.

Once we were in the room we received complimentary fruit and water. Our suite had a spacious bedroom with minimal closet space. The bathroom was very large with a lot of counterspace. It had a shower, a bathtub and a separate toilet area with a bidet. The bathroom also came with a bathrobe and slippers. The living room was very spacious and traditionally decorated. There was a sitting area and a lounge area with a 1001 night day bed. Both the living and the bedroom had a terrace.

Our suites were outside of the main building in our own private area which we loved. This meant we were not disturbed at night and we enjoyed a great night of sleep. In the morning we had breakfast at the poolside. It is a traditional Moroccan breakfast with all kinds of pancakes (i.e. beghrir, harcha and msemmen), coffee, tea, orange juice, bread, croissaints, pain au chocolat, etc. We were also asked if we wanted eggs, etc. and I requested an eggwhite omelet which they prepared for me. This means they really go out of of their way to make sure their guests are satisfied.

I have really enjoyed my stay at Palais Mehdi and I would definitely go back again. Aside from our initial experience, they have made sure our stay was superb and up to high standards. Thank you Palais Mehdi crew for everything!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Imane E
Reviewed 11 September 2014

The hotel is stunning with magnificently designed and furnished public rooms and courtyards.
Location. prior reviews have already mentioned it is in the Palmeraie area of Marrakech away from the center. If you are looking for a secluded location away from the hustle this maybe it. It is very popular with the local elite. Close to the golf courses. Building and grounds: the hotel consists of a large mansion with some rooms and many outer buildings with more rooms across the pool. The gardens and the pool are beautiful.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple