1,049 results
All reviews galaxy suite manager aziz the main house villa hotel free car service hot tub shuttle service palmeraie area free upgrade private terrace whole team the hustle and bustle small hotel beautiful oasis moroccan pancakes long weekend rose petals
Reviewed 27 July 2016

We had the pleasure of staying for 3 (hot, hot, hot) nights with Aziz and the team at Dar Ayniwen. Room was palatial, gardens are just incredible, and the pool was gorgeous to lounge around in/by. Surpassed our expectations as we were made to feel like Gods for our time there. Thanks again Aziz.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank CrayfishLondon
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

We had a really enjoyable stay at this hotel. The hotel upgraded us to a different room. The rooms are well kitted out with towels etc. We weren't charged for anything in the minibar for our entire stay which was a plus, although we did end up buying 12 litres of water in the city for 5 nights stay. The grounds and swimming pool in the hotel are very pretty with lots of space between guests at the pool. There's a table tennis table.. hidden at the back of the resort.

Staff were excellent - especially Aziz. This guy could be working at the Burj Al Arab with the service he provided! Terrific.

Now the food... breakfast is OK. It's orange juice, croissant, toast, an egg, Moroccan pancakes and melon. You have the choice to order additions if you like for around €2,50. They don't serve fresh spreads so expect to be eating from the same portion of jam other people have been eating from until it runs out. We didn't realise this and had been putting our spoons back into the pots. We didn't touch it after the first day. The breakfast gets boring really quickly, by the fifth day I was not even eating it.

Lunch - said to be hand/home made food but the pizzas we ordered were clearly packet food, didn't taste very good, and a rip off.

Dinner - they must have a different chef at dinner because the steak I received was excellent. Really tasty and fantastically served, unfortunately they served my girlfriend a piece of inedible steak.. even though she actually ordered monk fish.

Overall - fantastic location, fantastic staff, poor food. I also would not recommend this hotel for anyone with allergies to certain foods.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Matt_and_Kirst
darayniwen, Owner at Dar Ayniwen Garden Hotel & Bird Zoo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2016

Dear Mr Matthew L,

Thank you for your comment. We are very happy that you had a nice break at Dar Ayniwen Villa hotel. I also thank you for confirming that at Dar Ayniwen we do everything to bring good service for our guests.

Regarding the other points of your comment I would like to clarify a few things, because with Tripadvisor what interests both the future guests and the hotelier are the negatives or why the place is not flawless.(particularly in a place like Dar Ayniwen where so far bad comments don’t happen to often (Thank God!)
For you to know, en suite mineral water is complimentary ( whereas the minibar drinks are not, that was a mistake on our side :-))) , we only charge for the water we serve at dinner or lunch. So I know it is an unusual system for a hotel but we are not a hotel and I will point out a few things at the end of my answer.

The breakfast issue: So far, we have been trying to offer a full breakfast and guests were happy. (and you do have mentioned a few things we serve but you forgot, homemade yogurt, cereals, seasonal fruits etc… that are free of charge) once again we do charge at breakfast for everything that needs preparation in the kitchen. Indeed, we charge only when breakfast becomes a brunch. As breakfast is served all morning, it can become brunch if guests wish that but with a little extra fee for the hotel which I think is normal.

Hygiene and abililty to respond to guests with sensitive food requests ( allergy ): I have been the owning manager of Dar Ayniwen for 16 years and I am myself gluten allergic, so I do understand all the necessities for that kind of menus. We do have had guests with severe allergy, check their comments please.
Regarding the spoon at breakfast, all jam pots ( that are cleaned and redone everyday ) comes with with their own spoons, so I do not understand why you would use yours for the serving. On the other hand, be sure that we are extra careful and that when we see things that are « inappropriate" we change everything.

I am going to close the debate about packet food. We have never served packed food, NEVER! all the guests that had cooking class in our kitchen can prove it, because we do not have packet food in our fridge and we will never have. We do shop everyday fresh products. On the other hand, I can understand that you did not like your food and would have changed it if you had asked.
I do have talked to you about the fish order of your dinner menu. When you came it was a three day off holiday in Morocco, so no fishing, no fishing means no fresh fish, and as I do not joke with food and do not serve frozen fish so we could not provide.

I would like to conclude with he following:
To all future guests, Dar Ayniwen is a real guest house, we have only EIGHT suites but 20 persons to care for it, and you on a five acres parkland. We strive to give you the best service and holiday possible and protect your intimacy, quietness, …)
We trully want the guests to feel at home and that is why some of our previous guests mentioned Dar Ayniwen as unique. We are different. Next door (palmeraie area) you will find boutique hotels, that have between 15 and 50 rooms and work like regular hotels, restaurant and pools open to all public, etc... you can not compare ( You will be more than 50 guests by the pool in a blink). We are the alternative to these places, by our design, our service, our closeness to you.
And I thank Mr Matthew here for pointing that out in his comment.

Best regards

Stéphane

Reviewed 22 July 2016

We have recently returned from a four-night stay at Dar Ayniwen and it was one of the most beautiful hotels I have every stayed in. A boutique-style hotel with a relaxed atmosphere, a team that was delightful, wonderful food, elegant rooms and stunning gardens. A perfect retreat. It's quiet, tranquil atmosphere suited us as a couple, but I would very happily return with my two daughters (14 and 10) as children are very welcome and I know they would love the gardens, pool and aviary. The hotel's free taxi shuttle into Marrakech was easy to arrange and meant you could have the best of both worlds. The hectic charm of the city, combined with the relaxing atmosphere of the hotel. Thank you Stephane, Aziz and the team for a perfect stay!

Reviewed 14 July 2016

The house feels more like a family home, being filled with antique, yet the staff and service are professional and very pleasant. We had a wonderful 3 days here, using the free shuttle service to taste the hustle and bustle of Marrakesh, then scurry back to peace, quiet and beautiful surroundings.

Date of stay: June 2016
1  Thank Nicola B
Reviewed 29 June 2016

The enchanted garden, flowers, birds, turtles and very good service. We spent there 8 nights and we might come back. Highly recommended for couples, honeymoon, wedding anniversaries. Perfect spot to relax. We enjoyed eating by the pool. Dinners were very nice - a mixture of Moroccan and French cooking. Shuttle service and airport pick up - very efficient. The only little details I would change: The kettle & tea bags in the room and breakfast menu. Breakfast was too sweet (sweet yoghurt, sweet pastries, sweet pancakes, honey...). I would replace pastries & pancakes by few slices of cheese or ham without additional fees.
I didn't like people smoking while eating and also smoking by the pool. A smoking area would help. Thanks for everything!

Room tip: Wi-Fi connection doesn't work well in Bamboo room but it is very nice and quiet (apart from frogs)
Date of stay: June 2016
1  Thank 340hanas
darayniwen, Owner at Dar Ayniwen Garden Hotel & Bird Zoo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2016

Dear Hana,

First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to write this elogious comment.
It is highly appreciated by all of us here at Dar Ayniwen.
I will definitely look into our breakfast menu to offer an alternative to all the sweet stuff without additionnel cost ( eventhought the additionnel cost concerns only the cooked and prepared stuff, like ham and cheese omelets etc…) but I have ideas… so for next time :-)
For the smoking you are right people should not smoke there, Dar Ayniwen is big enough for people not to bother each other so we are going to be more careful with planning.

Once again thank you for being our ambassadors.

We wish you a great summer and hope to see you again.

Kind regards