“Close to Riad Merstane”

Ranked #27 of 1,014 Restaurants in Marrakech
Price range: US$7 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian, Moroccan
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: In the medina of marrakech, in the chaos of tangled alleys, suddenly, over a carved wooden door, a world unexpected. The patio shaded by lemon trees, a music descends from the sunny terraces and the scent of the best italian cuisine. The Restaurant & Cafe I Limoni offer a relaxing corner in a vintage flavor with a touch of modern design. You can listen to selections of the best music of the past and present while enjoying the traditional tuscan dishes of fish and meat, or just a club sandwich of crispy fries. We are open from 11.30 am to 15.30 and 18.30 to re-open for drinks with dinner and to continue until after midnight with music and cocktails.
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Lovely courtyard with lemon trees, attentive service and delicious fresh pasta. I returned for a second meal with another solo traveller ... we thoroughly enjoyed the evening. Panna cotta with lemon was yummy!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,382)

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Half our table had Italian and the other half had tagine and both halves loved their meals. I highly recommend!

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

I had been with my sister for dinner in this italian & morrocan restaurant!
We had delicious wine and tajine with cous cous.
The architecture of the restaurant is really amazing, lemon trees in the middle of restaurant and cozy atmosphere by night!

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

The food here is somewhat variable, hence only four circles, but the courtyard setting is a little bit of Capri transplanted to the heart of the Medina. This is a lovely place to sit and linger a while, next to one of the lemon trees (it’s called I Limoni for a reason). Since we were visiting in the winter months, when rain is a possibility, I really appreciated the (removable) covering stretched high over the courtyard, although this may be the reason why this was the only place we ate at during a week long stay in the Medina where there was a bit of an issue with flies.

The waiters were friendly, possibly a little too friendly to this middle-aged woman, although they had the sense to leave my teenage daughter well alone.

My soup was fabulous, the Italian main course so-so; the teenager’s tagine was good and dessert was delicious.

Credit cards accepted.

To find the restaurant- always a challenge in Marrakesh - go to the Chrob ou Chouf fountain on Rue Assouel. Stand with the fountain to your left; the alley you need to take is the first on the left, I Limoni is about 50metres down on the right hand side. Ignore anyone who gives you any other directions when you ask them.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

We had a great lunch here earlier in the week and were so pleased with the initial standard we returned twice more. However, those standards did slip as the week went by. The Tagliatelle Bolognaise was great on the first occasion but by Wednesday it was average, very little Bolognaise and it was a poor plate of lukewarm Tagliatelle for 100dhm. Still, the garden location is pleasant, (don't be deceived by the dreary exterior, that us just the way things are). All in all a great first experience which didn't live up to our subsequent visits.

Adriano P, Propriétaire at Limoni, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Hello and thank you very much for your comment
Since one week I was ill and not present in the restaurant. I am back now and I will take personally care of every single dish. Sorry again
Adriano