Albakech House(Marrakech)
Riad Maipa(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$85
  • Breakfast included
Riad Princesse du Desert(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$52
US$46
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$74/night.

US$239
US$184
US$154
US$144
  • Pool
US$129
US$114
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$134/night.

US$181
US$200
HotelsClick
US$434
US$425
All reviewsjunior suitewhirlpool bathresident peacockbeautiful hotelreturn transferbalcony overlooking the pooltea bagsthe general managerpool attendanta short taxi ridemoroccan winesa wonderful holidaymain buildingfirst floorlarge bathroommini barrose petals on the bed
Reviewed 7 June 2015 via mobile

When my friend and I read the reviews for this hotel we thought we had hit the jackpot but unfortunately we were mistaken.

When we arrived we were shown to a double bedroom, we advised we had booked a twin. We assumed this would be easily rectified. It was not. After waiting an extrodinary amount of time we were advised twin rooms did not exist in the hotel but for an extra 80 Euro's per night we could be updated to a suite with twin beds. Next the heating was broken (we visited in January), after another extrodinary amount of time this was dealt with and we had to move rooms. Throughout this time the attitude of the receptionist was appalling, he was downright rude and aggressive. We were quite frightened if I'm honest.

I hate to make assumptions, but I don't think dealing with women was an easily accepted experience for some staff (this is very much a couples hotel) and if we had been two men I should think our experience would have been dramatically different.

I complained to our travel agent (at no point was I permitted to speak to a manager myself) and the following day a lovely lady receptionist advised us we would move to a twin room. 'Wow' we thought 'off to a suite we go'. When we arrived we were suprised to find that it was not a suite, it was exactly the same as our previous room only with twin beds (and a nice view of the pool). Also bear in mind that the hotel was at 30% occupancy during this time. There was no reason why wouldn't couldn't have been relocated in the first place (without an 80 Euro/night price tag).

This unfortunately marred our experience of the many positive aspects of the hotel, the grounds are kept beautifully, the gentleman working by the pool was extraordinarily attentive and could not do enough to assist, the breakfast was delicious, the cocktails and dinners lovely.

The other issue we had was items missing from our room. Nothing of particular value, just the odd mascara here, a t-shirt there. I thought I was going mad so I took photos on my phone of where things were and our clothes were rifled through. When I complained one of my t-shirts did reappear but some things sadly did not.

The other thing I would mention is the tour guide who the hotel arranged for us. In a nutshell (as I aware this review is getting rather lengthy) he only wanted to take us to specific shops which would try and overcharge us and I can only imagine he would take a cut. I literally had to force him to actually take us to the monuments and honour the length of the tour after it became clear we wouldn't be fleeced in multiple shops. Nightmare!

Overall a bizzare experience. If you're a couple in high season I'm sure you'd probably have a grand experience but I would advise women travellers to BEWARE and opt perhaps for a larger chain hotel.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
14  Thank Daisy M
Reviewed 2 June 2015

Charming people, Charming place.
Ideal for a week end out of the urban life.
Relaxing and quiet, good restaurant. Very well located inside the Palemeraie.

The suites are very well decorated and pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Joseph A
Reviewed 1 June 2015

We spent a week at the Mosaic Palais Aziza at the end of May 2015, coinciding with the UK mid-term holidays.

We have been to Morocco (Casablanca) and other African countries (Egypt, Tunisia and The Gambia) before so came with expectations.

We travel a lot for both business and pleasure so have spent large parts of our lives staying in quality hotels all over the world, including 5* properties advertising themselves as the best in various categories.

The Mosaic Palais Aziza exceeded all our expectations and we have no hesitation in writing that this is the best hotel we have ever stayed in. So much so that we have already booked a return trip for 2016.

Why do we rate it so highly?

• The property is superbly maintained
• The gardens are relaxing, well planted and permanently being tidied
• Pool-side service is attentive but non-obtrusive
• Staff are friendly, efficient and personable
• We felt welcomed at all times, by all staff
• Food quality in the restaurant was superb

A few things could be better, but these are very minor niggles, and did not detract from the enjoyment of our stay:

• Free shuttle to the town goes at 10:00 and 17:00 – a lunch-time additional departure would be useful to make a morning or afternoon trip possible
• No hotel has enough plug sockets in bedrooms now that all guests have cameras, phones, ipads etc – a few more plug sockets would be useful to save having to unplug lamps etc

1  Thank Graham B
Reviewed 27 May 2015

This private hotel and spa is located outside the city central of Marrakech. It is beautifully secluded, across from the private summer palace of the Saudi Prince. Interior is stunning, with a pool, spa, restaurant and bar. Quiet and peaceful. We experienced the traditional Hammam- I would highly recommend the spa. The service was excellent and they seemed to want to be there. Dinner was amazing, very fresh and flavorful.

It is about 15-20 minute cab ride to the airport. We paid 200.00dh to get there, via local taxi ( for which we haggled). My luggage was lost and I had to return to the airport to retrieve, of my own expense, which cost 400.00dh, with w private car from the hotel and back. On departure we were charged 300.00dh to go back to the airport. ??? A little confusion, but the drivers were great.

Note: there is nowhere to " walk" in this area, for sightseeing. You must go to the city, and there is no cash machine close.

Room Tip: Wifi was good. Room had small balcony, ground floor, so more like sitting area. Don't leave sweets out or you will get ants.
1  Thank masoncm
Reviewed 26 May 2015

If you're looking for a luxury boutique hotel within easy reach of the hustle and bustle of central Marrakesh, then this is the place for you. Excellent rooms, great food and helpful staff make this a memorable location.

1  Thank Malcolm C