2,419 results
All reviewschurchill barwinston churchillbeautiful hotelitalian barbest hotels in the worldmoroccan restaurantluxury hotelgardens are beautifultennis courtsfour seasonsindoor poolan oasisatlas mountainsthe hustle and bustlemint teaspaterrace
Reviewed 21 December 2015

I have just arrived back to London and I must admit it will take me a couple of days to return to earth. I really was so blown away by the whole experience of Marrakesh and especially La Mamounia as it totally surpassed all expectations.
In just 3.5 hours you arrive to this magical land of culture, beauty, sunshine and adventure and the friendliness and genuine warmth of the people make you feel so welcome from the moment you walk into the desert sunshine.
Over the years admittedly I have been really spoilt and stayed at many of the most highly rated hotels around the world so I have a very high bench mark and it really takes something extraordinary to impress me and most often I'm disappointed.
Without a doubt Hotel La Mamounia is in my opinion the BEST hotel in the world as the service level and attention to detail is so well thought, I'm beyond impressed with the superior excellence that sets it far apart from the other 5* hotels I have stayed.......OUTSTANDING and world class
La Mamounia has something that is so special and unique its also the perfect getaway for winter sun, rest and relaxation or actioned packed adventure
When I walked into my beautiful suite I was blown away by the exquisite and very tasteful interior design - such as the subtle motif on the heaters and handmade furnishing - every aspect and amenity really is executed to utter perfection and of the highest standards, even down to the hair dryer which really worked unlike most hotels which scrimp on these details. Also the products are all very high quality and generous large bottles with the most exotic scents that smell divine.
I left my phone charge back in the UK and when I came back to the room after checking out the spar the butler had spotted this and put a charger in my room without me asking. I LOVE that and so many other service touches like champagne stoppers, put so many hotels to shame as all the staff really do go above and beyond to ensure your stay is as relaxing and comfortable as possible.
Eventually I ventured to meet my friends in the hotel bar thinking Marrakesh would not have the standard of cocktails we expect in the best bars in London....I was wrong, by a long way the barman produced the best margarita, peach bilini and expresso martini I have ever tasted and everything down to the glassware was served with perfection and style.
Then dining in the restaurant is so magical and atmospheric it really is a very special experience and perfect for big celebrations but equally romantic as the setting is so enchanting and you feel transported to another world.....
Being there with a large party of great friends was also just fabulous as we had the private room which was dressed so beautifully, it was honestly one of the memorable and enjoyable dinners of my life. The food was simply delicious I will be dreaming of that meal for a long time to come and the presentation was so chic and elegant it really is an unforgettable dining experience. The staff are so well trained and attentive its michelin stared quality, but with a smile and charm that is lacking in so many fine dining restaurants. I also adored the musicians that rove around the tables and really add something authentic and uplifting to the ambiance - its so beautiful and elegant that you can't help feeling that this is more then just a hotel as it really goes above and beyond to create the most special personal experience for each and every guest. I came away feeling that the staff genuinely care and really take a lot of pride in the level of service as its honestly the best I have ever experienced. Very impressed.
I also particularly loved the lighting as its very subtle and flattering and everywhere
you go there is the scent of the most heavily scented candles that are so divine I picked some up from the gift shop to take home.
For a special occasions, major celebrations, romantic getaways or private time with family and friends in one of the villas - there is nowhere I would recommend more then Le Mamounia as it was such a sublime stay as it encompasses all the senses, you come away totally revitalised and energised from such a wonderful holiday.
Its just off the chart on every level and I'm already planning my 40th there as there is nowhere else in the world I would rather be :-)

Room Tip: try the peach Bilini and the spar is pure heaven on earth
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fleur C
Reviewed 15 December 2015

The elegant La Mamounia Hotel & Gardens. .......What a beautiful location, just inside the Old Medina walls of Marrakech . After spending the day exploring the colorful, hectic , noisy, exciting souks & winding narrow streets inside the Ancient City Walls, my husband & I welcomed the quiet, peaceful, tranquil surroundings of this beautiful former Royal Palace. We enjoyed a lovely afternoon High Tea in the lower gardens, sipping our Moroccan Mint Tea, nibbling on French Macaron & other dainty fare. Later, we walked along the pathways admiring the many varieties of fruit trees, flowers, kittens & listening to the pleasant sound of birds singing !! There is a large well kept vegetable garden in the lower end of the property - used by the hotel restaurant Chefs . Please be advised that even though there is no charge to enter theLa Mamounia - there is a dress code - so no thongs & sloppy shorts & T-shirts ! Dress up a little - after all you are visiting a 5 star property/ palace. Highly recommend !

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ellie S
La_MamouniaMarrakech, Directeur général at La Mamounia Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2015

It is always such a pleasure to read such positive comments regarding our guests’ experience. Thank you for your posting on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to La Mamounia.

We couldn’t have pleased us more with your compliments on our garden. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed every second of your experience among us.

As you mentioned our dress code is smart casual, and La Mamounia is open for all the visitors.

We thank you again for your support and we already look forward to welcoming you again to your favorite place in Marrakech.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

The game has changed. We were recommended this hotel by a friend's parents who had stayed there previously. The service at La Mamounia is first class. From the moment we checked-in, everything was perfect. The peaceful pool with incredibly attentive service. We wanted for nothing. Food and drink is great and the concierge was quick to help with any of our requirements. Cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2015

well, it lived to its expectations, highly recommended, the place of "the man who knew too much" we had a regular room on the gardens, splendid,the voice of the muezzin woke us up in the morning on a beautiful city laid at the feet of the Atlas

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
La_MamouniaMarrakech, Directeur général at La Mamounia Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2016

Dear Guest,
We thank you for posting your impressions on Tripadvisor following your recent at La Mamounia.
It is with great enthusiasm that we receive your compliments, especially when you highly recommend our Palace.
We are glad your stay was in keeping with your expectations and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in a too not distant future.
Directeur Général

Reviewed 7 December 2015

Beautiful hotel, impeccable service, wonderful facilities and warm friendly staff. We stayed here for 2 x nights for our honeymoon and were blown away by this hotel. We were upgraded to a Deluxe Koutoubia room which had amazing views of the mosque and mountains. We ate in the pavilion restaurant on the first night and the tagines and pigeon pasties were delicious as well as the cocktails in the Churchill Bar. We swam in the outdoor heated pool which is beautiful surrounded by all the lush vegetation. Breakfast had a great variety as well. Overall a truly memorable stay.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of your recent experience at La Mamounia Marrakech.
We are so pleased that you had a magical stay, and that our service, staff, and restaurants, were of first class. The satisfaction of our guest is our highest priority and we are delighted to have exceeded your expectations.
Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to your Moroccan home.
Sincerely yours,