I just returned from a trip to Marrakech with a friend and we spent a full day at the Mamounia Hotel on their "Fall Day Pass" for 1500 dirhams (about $180 US). I would highly recommend this for anyone staying in the area for a day of relaxation in beautiful surroundings. The lunch was absolutely wonderful and the service in the French Restaurant was excellent. The Day Pass includes the use of the public gardens, spa facilities, pools and one treatment - Hammam or Massage. We opted to add the other treatment at an additional 1000 dirhams (about $120). This was a mistake - as we found both treatments rather subpar after having the same treatments at the guest house we were staying at the following week of our trip (Hammam and Massage for only 800 dirhams).
Bottom line: I would have rated the Day Pass at 5 stars if the treatments had been better - but everything else was amazing and a truly great value - if you do the fall day pass opt for the Hammam - it's a little better than the massage which my friend and I both thought were the "lamest" massages we've ever had. And do book a spa treatment somewhere else in Marrakech in one of the more traditional Hammams, you will be very glad you did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mamounia, a symbol of traditional Moroccan hospitality, is located in the heart of the imperial city, nestled in a 17 acre park, 5 minutes walk from the Jemaa El Fna square, La Mamounia will remain the place for worldwide celebrities. DESCRIPTION The Moroccan legendary palace has been redesigned by an internationally acclaimed designer, Jacques Garcia, combining a true Moroccan style and ambiance with new technologies. With its luxurious decorations, fabulous gardens and its trendy 2500sq m SPA, la Mamounia guarantees the amazement of its guests. ACCOMODATION 136 rooms (30 to 45 Sq m) 71 Suites including 7 Signature suites (55 to 212 Sq m) 3 Riads each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons, private swimming pool, terraces... (700 Sq m) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp and Prestigia so you can book your La Mamounia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mamounia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- La Mamounia Hotel Marrakech