Just returned from staying 3 nights at La Mamounia. This place is wonderful. The staff at the hotel is very profesional and helpful. I've read negative reviews , but noticed that ( many times) they were written by people who didn't stay at the hotel ( should this be permtted ? ). Previously, I stayed at the "Palais Namaskar " ( see my review there ). I thought that I could compare both hotels, but you can't. They are both very diferent. Anyway, I like the fact that there is very good security at the hotel ( I see the fact that the hotel turns people away who are not guests as a positive thing). Had dinner at the Italian Restaurant . The food was excellent . Please take note that smoking is allowed in the restaurant, but the capitan moved us to another table with no problem when another guest next to us had a cigarette . There was no problem at all. We had a great dinner . The pool is great . The room was , in my opinion, beautiful. The room was made twice a day . This place is where one goes to have a fine vacation, not to save money . Food & drinks do cost more that the outside , but this is true for any fine hotel in the world. I didn't find any staff to be snobbish or unfriendly .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mamounia, a symbol of traditional Moroccan hospitality, is located in the heart of the imperial city, nestled in a 17 acre park, 5 minutes walk from the Jemaa El Fna square, La Mamounia will remain the place for worldwide celebrities. DESCRIPTION The Moroccan legendary palace has been redesigned by an internationally acclaimed designer, Jacques Garcia, combining a true Moroccan style and ambiance with new technologies. With its luxurious decorations, fabulous gardens and its trendy 2500sq m SPA, la Mamounia guarantees the amazement of its guests. ACCOMODATION 136 rooms (30 to 45 Sq m) 71 Suites including 7 Signature suites (55 to 212 Sq m) 3 Riads each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons, private swimming pool, terraces... (700 Sq m) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., LoveHolidays, Prestigia and TravelUp so you can book your La Mamounia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mamounia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- La Mamounia Hotel Marrakech