Firstly, allow me to say in all fairness that La Mamounia is a wonderful hotel, with fantastic ambience and the piano bar was excellent place to chill and relax. The decor in hotel and the setup of the gardens were all immaculate.
However, there is a big problem regarding to getting out of the hotel. The doormen initially appeared helpful in getting us a taxi, having done so, we were informed by both the taxi and the doormen that there is a flat rate of 100 dirhams ~ 10 Euros for taxis picking up passengers from the hotel, regardless of the very short distance we were going. Just for reference, taxi rates for such a distance is typically 1.5-2 Euros. The principle behind that is very disturbing. The fact that the doormen verified the taxi driver's story was disturbing, if indeed the hotel's core values should be to look out for it's customers. I have never heard of taxi drivers charging differently just because one is staying at a good hotel, not unless it is a special limo or taxi for non-regular purposes.
I hope the hotel can do something about it, or at least advice the customers more appropriately
e.g if you take a short walk away from the entrance hotel, the taxi's would have to take you at regular rates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mamounia, a symbol of traditional Moroccan hospitality, is located in the heart of the imperial city, nestled in a 17 acre park, 5 minutes walk from the Jemaa El Fna square, La Mamounia will remain the place for worldwide celebrities. DESCRIPTION The Moroccan legendary palace has been redesigned by an internationally acclaimed designer, Jacques Garcia, combining a true Moroccan style and ambiance with new technologies. With its luxurious decorations, fabulous gardens and its trendy 2500sq m SPA, la Mamounia guarantees the amazement of its guests. ACCOMODATION 136 rooms (30 to 45 Sq m) 71 Suites including 7 Signature suites (55 to 212 Sq m) 3 Riads each with 3 bedrooms, Moroccan salons, private swimming pool, terraces... (700 Sq m) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., LoveHolidays and TravelUp so you can book your La Mamounia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mamounia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- La Mamounia Hotel Marrakech