3,268 results
All reviews lawrence bar pool area beautiful hotel turn down service superior room pool staff reception desk moroccan tea atlas mountains crepes the main square concierge pools hammocks fatima luxury aziza
Reviewed 30 July 2018

Sofitel Lounge and Spa is well located, few minutes from everywhere (however better by taxi). I found the hotel restaurants very pricey, so I'd suggest eating elsewhere. There are loads of restaurants at walking distance and even more within a few minutes by taxi. There are also loads of Riads that you can eat for less than half of the cost, with a better variety of local cuisine.
Our rooms were excellent, clean, renovated, new robes, with a 5 star quality of sleep.
The service is excellent, with smiley and friendly staff.
The pool was good, clean (and cold), and the beds and chairs by the pool were ok.
The service at the pool is slow.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Luis M
BENKIRANE A, General Manager at Hotel Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Dear Luis M,

The entire team of Sofitel Marrakech, and myself, would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write to us after your stay.

We are delighted that your experience with us has lived up to your expectations.

Regarding your points of improvement, we take account of it and put everything in place to improve the quality of service.

We hope to see you very soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

I really recommand the orangerie restaurant the food is tasty. Nice view nice candle showI have spend a great moment. Outstanding experience. I really want to thank evry one Aya, Hamza jawad atika Maria sara majda and special thanks to the manager Wiam . The best team ever

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
BENKIRANE A, General Manager at Hotel Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Dear melena a,

We appreciate your feedback on your stay at the Sofitel Marrakech Lounge & Spa. It's always nice to receive positive feedback!

Thank you again for sharing your experiences and we hope your next visit will be as enjoyable as the previous one.

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

My family stayed in Sofitel Marrakech during my traveling outside Morocco, the hotel is tired and old, newly renovated rooms were small and tasteless, the pool area is nice but everything else is not 5 stars, staff are not friendly and rigid, I wouldn’t recommend the hotel specially for the price, the only good thing about the hotel is location, heart of the city and walking distance to papular restaurants.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank Alkooh
BENKIRANE A, General Manager at Hotel Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Dear AWAK65,

We thank you for taking your precious time to tell us about your stay at the Sofitel Marrakech.

We take your comments into account and make every efforts to remedy them. We would like to apologize for this inconveniencies and assure you of a quality of service during a possible future stay.

Your satisfaction is our priority and we want to make your experience the best it is.

Hoping to see you again soon,

Reviewed 18 July 2018

The ambiance upon entering the lobby is relaxing and authentic. Upon arrival, a cold towel and hot mint tea arrive before the check-in process. I had booked a Junior Suite via the Sofitel website, which is a larger room, one per floor. The room is immaculately clean and well kept. The large balcony and sitting area off the bedroom was an especially nice touch. The staff could not have been more polite nor well meaning, certainly felt the Moroccan hospitality from nearly everyone.

My only negative feeling was the restaurants inside the resort. It's hard to find value in a 10 Euro glass of iced tea, and dry 'spaghetti bolognese' served on penne pasta. These prices far exceed what you'd find in a five star hotel, even in the capitals of Europe. Combined with the overall lackluster quality of the food, it pushed me to eat outside as much as possible.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
BENKIRANE A, General Manager at Hotel Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Dear David L,

The whole Sofitel Marrakech team joins me to thank you for taking your precious time to share your experience with us.

We are delighted that you enjoyed staying at the Sofitel Marrakech.

Regarding your point of improvement, we take it into account and make every effort to guarantee you a better quality-price ratio.

Hoping to see you again soon,

Reviewed 18 July 2018

The hotel was beautiful but the service was poor. We ordered food by the pool, after 20 minutes we had to continuously ask where it was after an hour we finally received. When we checked we were requested to provide a card, which wasn't a problem. They took £329 for a damage deposit which was fine as we were advised we would get the money back when we checked out. However, when we checked out we were advised that we would get the money back within 24 hours. It has now been a week from checking out and I have still not received the amount back. When I called the hotel to find out what is happening, I receive poor service and attitude. I am truly disgusted with how I have been treated by the persons I have spoken and I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank crwilliams3

Dear crwilliams3,

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to write to us following your stay at the Sofitel Marrakech.

We are forced to find that it has not lived up to your legitimate expectations, we apologize.

Our ultimate goal is to satisfy you, and we hope to have the opportunity to regain your trust soon.

We renew our apologies for your experience with us.