3,222 results
All reviewspool arealawrence barbeautiful hotelturn down servicesuperior roompool staffreception deskmoroccan teaatlas mountainscrepesthe main squareconciergepoolshammocksfatimaluxuryaziza
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

I really recommand the orangerie restaurant the food is tasty. Nice view nice candle showI have spend a great moment. Outstanding experience. I really want to thank evry one Aya, Hamza jawad atika Maria sara majda and special thanks to the manager Wiam . The best team ever

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
BENKIRANE A, General Manager at Hotel Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Dear melena a,

We appreciate your feedback on your stay at the Sofitel Marrakech Lounge & Spa. It's always nice to receive positive feedback!

Thank you again for sharing your experiences and we hope your next visit will be as enjoyable as the previous one.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

My family stayed in Sofitel Marrakech during my traveling outside Morocco, the hotel is tired and old, newly renovated rooms were small and tasteless, the pool area is nice but everything else is not 5 stars, staff are not friendly and rigid, I wouldn’t recommend the hotel specially for the price, the only good thing about the hotel is location, heart of the city and walking distance to papular restaurants.

Stayed: July 2018
BENKIRANE A, General Manager at Hotel Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Dear AWAK65,

We thank you for taking your precious time to tell us about your stay at the Sofitel Marrakech.

We take your comments into account and make every efforts to remedy them. We would like to apologize for this inconveniencies and assure you of a quality of service during a possible future stay.

Your satisfaction is our priority and we want to make your experience the best it is.

Hoping to see you again soon,

Reviewed 18 July 2018

The ambiance upon entering the lobby is relaxing and authentic. Upon arrival, a cold towel and hot mint tea arrive before the check-in process. I had booked a Junior Suite via the Sofitel website, which is a larger room, one per floor. The room is immaculately clean and well kept. The large balcony and sitting area off the bedroom was an especially nice touch. The staff could not have been more polite nor well meaning, certainly felt the Moroccan hospitality from nearly everyone.

My only negative feeling was the restaurants inside the resort. It's hard to find value in a 10 Euro glass of iced tea, and dry 'spaghetti bolognese' served on penne pasta. These prices far exceed what you'd find in a five star hotel, even in the capitals of Europe. Combined with the overall lackluster quality of the food, it pushed me to eat outside as much as possible.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
BENKIRANE A, General Manager at Hotel Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Dear David L,

The whole Sofitel Marrakech team joins me to thank you for taking your precious time to share your experience with us.

We are delighted that you enjoyed staying at the Sofitel Marrakech.

Regarding your point of improvement, we take it into account and make every effort to guarantee you a better quality-price ratio.

Hoping to see you again soon,

Reviewed 18 July 2018

The hotel was beautiful but the service was poor. We ordered food by the pool, after 20 minutes we had to continuously ask where it was after an hour we finally received. When we checked we were requested to provide a card, which wasn't a problem. They took £329 for a damage deposit which was fine as we were advised we would get the money back when we checked out. However, when we checked out we were advised that we would get the money back within 24 hours. It has now been a week from checking out and I have still not received the amount back. When I called the hotel to find out what is happening, I receive poor service and attitude. I am truly disgusted with how I have been treated by the persons I have spoken and I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank crwilliams3

Dear crwilliams3,

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to write to us following your stay at the Sofitel Marrakech.

We are forced to find that it has not lived up to your legitimate expectations, we apologize.

Our ultimate goal is to satisfy you, and we hope to have the opportunity to regain your trust soon.

We renew our apologies for your experience with us.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 17 July 2018

The checking in process was excellent. Upon arrival, we were given cold towels and mint tea. Perfect.
The swimming pools are super and well maintained. The grounds are lush with lots of herbs and palm trees. Rooms are good and the beds comfortable. There are the facilities in the rooms to make tea/coffee.
The breakfast is good and a vast array of different foods are on offer. The "english" tea was not good for me as I prefer strong English breakfast tea. Managed with the mint tea everyday, which was fine.
The hotel is undergoing renovations, which caused some initial concern as our room was next door to the renovation, however I spoke to the customer service manager and was offered a different room, which was great, but without the view of the pool area.
The staff at the hotel are OK. Their English is poor and I do not speak french.
The service at the pool is poor. We normally had to ask at least 3 times for something, Again i think this is the down to the language problem. We did wait 2 hours for a drink by the pool, which given the heat, was not good.
On our last day, a great waiter, who is tall with a ponytail and glasses served us. He spoke OK English and delivered great service. I am sorry, I cant remember his name.
We did speak to the customer relations lady and she and the hotel appear to be keen to address the poor service and the lack of spoken English.
The hotel offers a variety of resturants and the portions are good.
Was a bit concerned that a milk shake costs more than a G & T. Hey ho, first time for everything I suppose.
Overall i enjoyed my stay and would return, should I go back to Marrakesh.

Room Tip: All rooms on the right hand side of the building have pool views. Those on the left have garden views.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends

Dear maxinecoraltaylor,

The Sofitel team joins me in thanking you for taking the time to write to us after your stay at the Sofitel Marrakech.

We will be delighted to welcome you again on your next visit to Marrakech.

We take note of all your remarks and make every effort to find a solution.

Until we see you again, we wish you an excellent start to the weekend.

Ahmed BEnkirane