All reviews like coming home djemaa el fna the main square beautiful interior crepes yogurt quiet street memorable stay peaceful oasis lovely riad short break moroccan style on arrival other guests abdullah hosts hammam
Reviewed 21 November 2016

Many other reviews will confirm the excellence of the rooms, beds, location, roof top terrace and food, and I totally agree on all fronts. However, the important message from me is that I can't say enough good things about how Herve and his team made our Marrakech stay one of the most memorable ever.
We are 2 retired Canadian guys, who do adventure travel.
We flew to Marrakech and booked in to Riad Dar Andamaure for a 3 night stay, before beginning a 3 week driving/adventure tour of Morocco. Our travels would take us to Essaouria, Imlil and the Atlas Mountains, climb Toubkal, Ait ben Haddou, Ouarzazate, M'Hamid, Zagora, the Sahara, Casablanca and Fez.
For the first 3 days of our orientation into the culture of Morocco, Herve offered his help which was amazing. To start with, my partner lost his luggage in London, had his flight cancelled to Marrakech, flew into Casablanca, and got stranded. Herve and his team took over, organized a cab from Casablanca to Marrakech at 3 am, then at 5am took me in a cab to go and find my pal and safely deliver him to dar Andamaure. When my pal awoke in the afternoon of the first day unwell, Herve took over and arranged needed medical attention, a doctor visit, a pharmacy visit, and a quick road to healing. The whole team of Herve, Abdullah, and Zen were involved, and immediately became family to us. Healed up the following day, Herve offered to join me on a 10km jog, (magical trail through the city gardens), arranged for a Tuc Tuc tour that was magical - through the crowded Souks of the medina, set up reservations in local restaurants, and then arranged transport to do a tour to the Berber museum and Yves Saint Laurent Gardens.
On our third day we'd hired a car for 3 weeks of driving, and Herve intervened with the arrangements (we don't speak French) and our car was easily delivered to us with his help. He even took us to a local gas station to fill the car up, and pointed us out of town.

After 2 weeks of travel, we made an impromptu decision to return to Marrakech, and checked in again at Dar Andamaure for 5 nights. Again, Herve and his staff organized events for myself and my partner (I went back to Imlil to climb Mount Toubkal) and my partner decided to stay and enjoy the Souks.

Herve participated in everything we did, and his staff cooked incredible meals and made us as part of their family.

They even called in a laundry service to collect all our clothes from 3 weeks of travel, on a Sunday, and it was returned the next day for under U.S.$20.00

When it came time to fly back to Canada, early flights meant leaving the RIAD at 5:15am. A cart was organized in advance to carry our luggage, a taxi arranged, and all was paid in advance with our accommodation costs. So easy.

We can't thank Herve and his team enough.

Room Tip: There is only one room with twin beds which is small, but it worked well for us.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2016

I'm so glad we stayed here in Marrakech. Everything about our stay was wonderful. Abdullah is probably the most helpful hotel manager I've encountered! His service was amazing. The dar and the rooms are beautifully decorated and we really enjoyed relaxing on the rooftop. The breakfasts were way above my expectations with cooked eggs and crepes on top of delicious fresh fruit, yoghurt, juice, coffee and tea.
On top of all that, the location of the Dar is great. It's really easy to find your way to the main square and to everywhere else from there.
You have to stay here if you come to Marrakech, you won't regret it.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2016

After reading great reviews of this place, I decided to book here, and I was not disappointed at all. In fact, the service here was even better than the reviews led me to believe - which is something in itself! Soon after I booked I received an email from the owners asking what time my flight lands so they could arrange pick up. This was highly convenient as it can be quite confusing to know where to go, especially in Jemaa El Fnaa (the main square).
The riad itself is located in the midst of the main square so the driver dropped us at the square after which we were accompanied on foot by another man who put our luggage into a trolley. It took around 5 mins to reach the riad from here.
It felt very safe, and once at the riad we were greeted by Abdullah, who was quite possibly the most helpful manager I've come across. He instantly made us feel at home, making us mint tea, and ensuring we were comfortable. He went above and beyond my expectations - even recommending us a great place for tagine which we'd never have found on our own (it was down a little alley where only the locals eat - and was the cheapest and most delicious we had!). He even went and bought me some local mint tea as I wasn't sure where to find the best one.
Breakfasts were a treat - fruit, yogurt, croissants, Moroccan crepes, and a great omelette - made by Abdullah. Of course there was an abundance of mint tea throughout our stay. Service was absolutely top notch.
The riad itself is lovely. The rooms are clean with toiletries and towels, and the rooftop is a gem. There are lounge areas, including sun beds to relax on. It's an oasis of peace right in the heart of the action. It's really easy to find your way to and from the riad even late at night, and it seemed perfectly safe. There were other guests here but it felt like we had the whole place to ourselves as it was so quiet!
There is a hammam here too but we didn't try it.
I cannot recommend this place enough. If I return to Marrakech I will be staying here for sure, as long as Abdullah is still here!
Morocco, like most of North Africa and the Middle East, has a reputation of people being dishonest and ripping foreigners off (having been to various places in the Middle East I have certainly experienced this). It was therefore a great experience to stay in a riad where the manager was an honest, thoughtful man, and we felt we could trust him 100%. This for me is a decisive factor in returning back here.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2016

A really enjoyable stay. Within minutes of booking a stay in the Dar Andamaure we received an e-mail from Phillipe offering to pick us up from the Airport. We accepted and within a few minutes of landing, a taxi had taken us to the main El Fna square and Phillipe met us. A short 10 min walk and we were being welcomed at the Andamaure by Marie with a refreshing mint tea.
The room was very clean and decorated Morrocan style. The ensuite bathroom was also very clean and plenty of hot water for us both to shower. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast consisted of fresh fruit, yoghurt and pastries plus eggs whisked and fried. The walk to the Dar always felt safe, even late at night.
We chose to eat mainly at local cafes/restaurants wherever the locals appeared to eat.
Overall we had a fantastic time. The weather was very sunny and around 28 deg. The roof sun bathing area was very quiet and relaxing. We will definitely return to Marrakech and we will certainly stay at Dar Andamaure again.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

Very easy to find Riad in Medina run by a cute French couple: Maria and Fillippe. Nicely designed rooms and bathrooms. Large rooftop terrace with sunbathing beds. Kind and helpful staff however just with basic command of English. Some French might help if you ask complex questions. Great stay all in all.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple