The atmosphere of calm begins to permeate immediately on entering the Riad Vendome. This is welcome after the inevitable random wandering around the area as the riad is not easy to find without local knowledge. (The entire area is like this, of course, and after a day's orientation it's actually simple enough to find.) But the ambiance together with the friendly and unfailingly lovely ministrations of the staff and supply of tea combine to ease one into a gentle haze...
The riad is large - all rooms are substantial (we were a group occupying the entire hotel) - and well appointed. Comfortable beds, nice bathrooms, some "interesting" features in plumbing, lighting and electrics but nothing of significant concern.
The huge terrace would be the center of (in)activities in warmer weather but as it rained over our stay (first in 6 months!) we couldn't take full advantage.
Breakfasts were continental and substantial. One lunch and two dinners were provided for our entire group (16 I think) and were delicious and well received all round by omnivores, vegetarians and the lone vegan.
Yes - there is booze; tins of "Flag Speciale" lager were consumed in bulk and with all signs of enjoyment at a reasonable cost. As were both red and white house wine.
Again, the staff were fantastic. Cheerful in the face of some daft birthday antics, and always available to assist in trips out and recommendations. A mixture of English and French was employed, admittedly resorting to a native French speaker when things got too complicated for 'O' level Franglaise.
A great location too; shortish, entertaining walks to get to anywhere in the Medina, and close by the walls to get out to the Gueliz.
One qualification I would make is that if you are unsteady on your feet you may not find some of the stairs easy to navigate. (Mind you, if you are unsteady on your pins Marrakech may not be ideal anyway; the narrow streets and constant buzz of mopeds create an amazing atmosphere but do require some deft footwork on occasion!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Vendome & Spa - is a riad boutique hotel in Marrakech, located in Dar El Bacha (one of the best areas in Marrakech medina). Raid Vendome has modern equipment for your pleasure and comfort, with a swimming pool in the patio, an oriental hammam with massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Riad Vendome & Spa Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Vendome And Spa Marrakech
- Riad Vendome & Spa Marrakech Hotel Marrakech