All reviews roof terrace is nice lovely oasis yogurt medina jamaa
Reviewed 19 September 2015

Me and three friends stayed in this Riad for four days and it was by far the best place we stayed in our whole trip round Morocco. The staff are amazing, Rida (the manager) was lovely and really funny. He organised a birthday meal/party for one of my friends when he found out it was her birthday while we were there. He also organised day trips to Essouira and the waterfalls for us.

The breakfast included in our stay was delicious, lots of traditional Moroccan pancake type dishes which were great. Also for the meal we had at the hotel they were happy to provide vegetarian options for one of my friends. The food was all home cooked and far better than anything we had at restaurants while in Marrakech

The room we stayed in was spacious and cool. The aircon was a life saver as was the pool in the riad and the hot tub (which wasn't that hot thankfully) on the roof terrace. The hotel itself is about a 15min walk from the main square. It is quite near to the tanneries which meant it sometimes smelt a bit weird outside the hotel but you couldn't smell it inside so we weren't bothered by that at all.

I'd definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jenny S
Reviewed 26 July 2015

I was so looking forward to my stay in Marrakech, but the staff here completely abandoned all of the guests and the location is far from convenient (15 minute walk to the square and on the way lots of teenage boys try to give you directions and rip you off). The manager of the hotel did not arrive until 6pm the day we arrived, and the only other staff member at the hotel was a maid who spoke zero english. When the manager returned at night he told us that he had been gone because it was his only day of vacation. However, the next day he was missing again for the entire day. Also, every time he made a recommendation it turned into a disaster. For instance, I told the manager that I had heard about trips where you could go into the desert, ride camels, and meet local berber people for tea. He then insisted he knew a great company and would arrange the trip for us. The trip turned into a 45 minute camel ride 10 minutes away from the riad, and did not include going to the desert or meeting berber people and one of the camels bit me because the guide forced the camels to run. On top of all of this, the wifi did not work in the room and the breakfast was very basic (just different types of bread with butter/jam). Also, when we went to check-out the manager told us the credit card machine was broken so on our way to the airport we had to stop to withdraw 1000 dirhams from an ATM. In the end, we found out that this staff member who caused us all these setbacks was quitting the day after we left so perhaps that is why he completed abandoned guests staying at the riad. The riad was really beautiful and the suite we stayed in was lovely, so it's a true shame the service was so terrible.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Corinne C
Reviewed 17 July 2015

The pictures of the riad are accurate. It is gorgeous on the inside. There are flaws....but Morocco is a 3rd world country, so I can over look these. The neighborhood is rough (but I never felt unsafe) and the riad hidden, so taxis are recommended. It is a 30-50 Dirham ride to the souk and other common destinations, so pretty cheap.
Breakfast consisted of coffee, juice, 3 different breads and spreads each day. Boring...but good......
Overall, the riad was clean, but not by U.S. standards, so your comfort level will vary.
The small pool was very nice. The WiFi iffy...but it's like that all over Marrakesh.
The best part of my stay was visiting each morning and evening with the other guests. The courtyard is such that it encourages this and that improved my stay.
The worst part of my visit was being ripped off. Our host (who may or not still be working there for you) was very nice and accommodating . . .however-be aware that NOTHING is done out of kindness or common courtesy,. Our host over charged us for a meal, lied to us about a second meal in which he diverted food from another guest and then tried to charge us. He added fees he should not have. When confronted, our bill was set straight, but this effected our opinion of our stay. Marrakesh is exhaustive enough (with EVERYONE trying to get money off of you) without your supposed oasis from the craziness turning into the same craziness.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2015 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here and the Riad was beautifully decorated. The manager Rida was very helpful by organising trips for us and getting taxis, especially in the evening when it was not safe for 2 girls to walk around. The aircon was not too powerful in our room but other guests said theirs was fine.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Victoria M
Reviewed 26 March 2015 via mobile

Stayed at this Riad for the first night of our break, staff were fantastic, room was spacious, and decorated tastefully. Food was nice, and setting relaxing, only down side was the location, about 10mins from the tourist area. But all in all brilliant hotel, would defiantly stay hear again.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple