All reviews terrace room white suite african grey parrot guardian angel moroccan sky cafe arabe mint tea outstanding hospitality beautiful riad the entire staff private home fantastic week four poster bed every morning delicious dinner fairy tale an oasis
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Dar Mo'Da is a big slice of heaven on Earth! I have stayed in other more expensive hotels/ riads in marakesh and DarMo'Da by far is the best. The location in the heart of the old medina makes it walking accessible to everything . Best Location. The Riad itself is a beautiful oasis .
It is so serene and an architectural masterpiece. There is a beautiful courtyard and pool , amazing rooms and an unparalleled roof top with a pool and lounge area. From this perch, you can see the Atlas Mountains and watch the sunset / sunrise. The Riad is immaculately clean, well appointed and very fairly priced.
What sits it apart from some of the other more mainstream places , is the sense of family and seclusion. The staff becomes family immediately and they go above and beyond to help and make your stay perfect . Everything is " no problem ". Mounaim who runs the Riad is an absolute pro and a very knowledgeable and kind man. I came up with a crazy idea and he helped me on a crazy chase for a couple of days..... he had no expectations in return, he just wanted to help. This is what makes the Riad stand alone . The service and help.... oh but did I mention how KILLER the rooms and Riad are ! Best place ever! Can't wait to go back!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank cynthiacazortcollins
darmoda, Gérant at Dar Mo'da, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear Cynthia.

Thank you very much for your lovely review, it's was a great pleasure having you the riad and serving you.

we are looking forward hosting you another time soon.

Mounaim and the team.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

I spent 14 days at 10 different riads and hotels in Morocco, this is definitely the highlight of my trip to Morocco. My good impression of Dar moda starts from the very beginning, all staff there welcome us with Moroccan mint tea and cookies. Bottles of water there is free, and I can get as much as I want, I mentioned this because it is not free at all the rest of riads and hotels I stayed, and sometimes they even ask me to pay 2 times to 3 times more than local grocery stores. The house keepers not just clean my room, they also folds my clothes which is really touching. Look back my whole trip, the 3 nights that I stayed at Dar moda I felt security the most even though there is no lockers at all rooms. I was surprised there was still breakfast in the last morning, I left really early (breakfast starts 8:30am). There are so many things I want to mention, but all the words just can't express how excellent dar moda is. The last but not the least I want to say that Hussein(sorry if I spell it incorrectly, he is guard and worker) is the best, he carried my heavy luggages, opened doors for me.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Mounaim N, Manager at Dar Mo'da, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear Guest.

It was a real pleasure having you at the riad and looking after you.

we will be waiting for your next visit.

Greetings from the whole team .

Reviewed 24 September 2017

- Location, Location, Location: this beautiful riad is located in the middle of the Medina and therefore provides easy access to the souk, must see sights and numerous restaurants. We can not think of a better location!

- Riad: the riad itself is one of the (if not "the") highest building in Marrakech, providing you with a 360° view over Marrakesh (especially on the lovely little private roof top terrace). Watching the sunset while listening to the prayers is unforgettable. There is one pool in the middle of the riad's court (say hi to Charlie from there) and another pool on the roof terrace. There are five rooms (red, green, black, white and roof top). Like the whole riad these rooms are marvelously decorated and make you feel like being in a 1001 nights fairytale. This riad really is from another world and makes you forget the hustling and bustling that takes place outside in the streets of Marrakesh.

- Food: The breakfast is one of the best breakfasts we ever had. Every morning different freshly baked goods await you and the fresh squeezed orange juice makes you want for more. We had the chance to have a BBQ for dinner on our last night and it was more than delicious!

- Staff/Service: Be aware...it is going to be tough to leave this place. Not only did the staff anticipate and fulfil our every wish, they also made us feel special and being part of the family. A special thanks to Mounaim who made our stay unforgettable and whom we now proudly call our friend. By lucky coincident the owner of the riad stayed there at the same time as we did. We had the pleasure to spend time whit this lovely, generous and talented man who told us about the history of his riad and we realized, how much thought and love must have been put in the creation of this oasis.

- In conclusion, if you want to stay in a very beautifully decorated, greatly located and extremely charming riad with a staff that makes you feel like home (or even better), look no further because this is for us one of the must see places to visit in Marrakesh.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SSchait
Mounaim N, Manager at Dar Mo'da, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear Guest.

From the behalf i want to thank you for your very kind review, it was a pleasure hosting you and we are happy you have liked your stay with us.

Looking forward having you soon.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

We decide to treat ourselves and stay at Dar Mo'da after finishing a small 8 day tour of Morocco. To say it was a highlight is an understatement.
From the minute we walked though the front door we knew that we were in for a special experience. It felt as if we had walked into a little slice of paradise.There is not much to say that other reviewers have not already stated....welcoming staff, oasis of calm, superb decor and attention to detail.
Our suite was the Black Suite..fresh fruit, fresh flowers, petal-strewn bathroom, amazing Art-Deco bed, outdoor terrace and so much more.
We spent our entire second day lounging downstairs reading, enjoying the sun on the terrace and enjoying a nap. It was sooo relaxing after our tour.
We enjoyed pre-dinner drinks and dinner both nights on the rooftop terrace and it was magical. Breakfast was also served on the terrace and on our final morning staff prepared us an early breakfast and arranged our airport transfer as we had an early flight.
Hospitality personified!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Mounaim N, Manager at Dar Mo'da, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2017

Dear Guest.

I would like to thank you for sharing your very kind review with other travellers, we are so happy that you have enjoyed your moroccan experience at dar mo'da.

Once again thank you from the whole team and we are looking forward having you another time soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

I really don't know what to say as so much has already been written by previous reviewers. In our three weeks in Morocco we were very lucky to stay in some wonderful riads but this place is so very special. So our story is we were booked to say somewhere else (think instagram famous) when they cancelled our booking about a month out. So suddenly Im scrambling. With about 2000 options in Marrakech I thought it would be no problem but I was looking for somewhere special. This was out last stay in Morocco and I wanted to pull out all the stops. I was also traveling right before Ramadan. Everywhere I approached was full. And then I switched my search from hotels to b&bs and inns and there was Dar Mo'Da. I'm not sure how they differentiate between the two categories with the riads actually. It will remain one of life's great mysteries to me. Dar Mo'da ticked every box which was reputation, location and that Moroccan inspired look that I was after (and a pool and roof top dining option). From the minute we walked in, we were cared for. This place is beyond amazing. It is not only like a home, it is a home, with a formal dining and living room on the ground floor. So you have this wonderful peaceful incredibly beautiful place in an excellent location and that is not even the best thing about it. The staff. They made us feel so special. There was nothing they wouldn't do for us. When Hussein took my hand to cross a busy road, hubby said he was just beaming. And Mounaim. Such a lovely gentleman. Whether it was advising us on where to go, where to eat, what to do or just having a chat. His attention to detail was much appreciated and he really did make our stay in Marrakech special. And so unobtrusive. While there to help at any time, there was a respectful distance. Just a quick word on suites- green has a four poster bed and a small walk in closet which we appreciated after being on the road for a while, red has a separate living room with a tv, black and white both have small courtyards however given the lovely roof top spaces up there I would prefer them to the private courtyards, all suites are lovely.
I am a very fortunate traveler and have stayed in some very special places but I think this is the first time I could say my stay was perfect in every way. Thank you Dar Mo'Da

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travelbunny
Mounaim N, Manager at Dar Mo'da, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Dear Guest.

On the behalf of my team, thank you for your very kind words, it was our pleasure to be a part of your special holiday, we look forward to have you back soon.

Best wishes.