“Riad Dar Selen”

Riad Dar Selen
Ranked #720 of 1,153 Marrakech B&B and Inns
“Riad Dar Selen”
Reviewed 5 November 2011

I stayed at Riad dar Selen for 4 nights and had a wonderful time. The staff are very helpful and kind and made us all feel at home. If I get the opportunity to go to Marrakech again, I definitely know where I will be staying.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank R R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I stayed at the Riad dar Salen 9 night as a solo traveller.
The riad itself is situated in a quiet area near the to The Bab Ailen gate : about 15 minutes to the Place Djema el fna and the souks .

As i was a women alone , The Owner Veronique provided me all the tips and advices she could about how to enjoy my stay in Marrakech , helping me out with a weekly daily program .
She came along with me to the souks in order to show me where to go and how to find my way in the maze of the medina, spend another afternoon with me in a traditionnal hammam and booked some trip for me to the ourika valley with a cab she used to worked with .( really nice day !)

As i was on a special diet , they did the best to respect what i needed for and i really enjoyed Jamila's food ! The breakfast was huge and tasty

Rooms are clean and well kept decorated in a sober and traditionnal Maroccan way ,bedding was great! roof top with the jacuzzi is an enjoyable place to have a sunbath or just relax .

to summarize : for whom who are looking for a beautiful place to stay in Marrakech , i do highly recommend this riad ., staff is friendly, place is quiet and relaxing , food gorgeous , prices honest and very good value for money .

Thanks again to the whole team and see you again in a few weeks ! Inch'allah !

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Auroreostral
Reviewed 12 January 2011

We stayed at Riad Dar Selen for 4 nights over New Years Eve and had a fantastic time. We travelled to morroco wit my partner and my parents. When we arrived our lovely host Veronique provided ask with all the tools, tips and essentials for navigating our way around the Medina and Marrakesh. She went out of her way to organise and book several & advise several restaurants. One thing to note the beds were amazingly comfortable and even my parents had great "sleep ins". We felt very comfortable throughout the stay and the area is a 15 min walk away from the main square; after the initial impact of this city we felt more then safe and comfortable in walking to and from the main square day & night. All staff were sociable accommodating and had a good sense of humour.
Helpful, friendly and good taste.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 1 September 2010

We had quite a large group that stayed in two riads [the other one was just round the corner], Riad Dar Selen was able to make dinner for the entire group and that was really gorgeous - they also organised for local musicans to come and play for us whilst we had dinner - this was alot of fun, lots of singing and dancing, very entertaining! This place is full of character, its all really beautifully decorated, each room has its own little touch - its simply stunning. The staff couldn't do enough to help us, they even met us at the car park which is just at the entrance to the medina, and they helped with all the bags, I would highly recommend you staying here its simply delightful.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Amsterdam
Reviewed 24 July 2010

For whom is considering to travel to Marrakesh, Marroc. Looking for a lovely place to stay? I recommend the beautiful and well located traditional decorated Riad Dar Selen as the place to be! Veronique & Abdellatif are sweet people, running the Riad. They will give you a feeling like 'coming home' in an unique atmosphe...re. Veronique knows every streetcorner and interesting location in Marrakesh and is a very valuable source of information. She'll make sure you'll go home with warm memories about this amazing city.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo