All reviews the main square riad owner the perfect host taxi driver moroccan pancakes moroccan experience memorable stay breakfast was delicious day trip peaceful oasis away from the hustle and bustle jemaa el his team adam morocco souks maze
Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

After reading reviews on trip advisor, we opted to stay at Riad Slawi. It turned out to be a blessing for me especially.
Not only is the Riad beautifully decorated, quiet, and very clean, the owner Adam, was so friendly and helpful.

Adam was very welcoming and was there in a flash to guide us to the Riad. And then when we got lost trying to find our way back at night, one phone call and he came to the rescue.

Our room was beautiful and so comfortable and clean. And the bathroom was the best part after some places we've stayed at. Great shower with good pressure. Much needed after hot sweaty days in the medina. Everything from the bedside cubby for book, phone etc, private light, power outlet at bed etc were well thought out additions.

I picked up the dreaded stomach lurgy before arriving so was actually quite ill on arrival. Adam came with me by taxi to a type of hospital and helped translate for me. They looked after me very well and thankfully I am finally able to move on again. Adam was even kind enough to go back and pick up the bills from the hospital so I can make my claim when I get home.

I would highly recommend this Riad. You can't really go wrong. It is a ways from the central square but after being there day time and night time I was happy to get back to the Riad where it was quieter.

Thanks for everything Adam.

PS. Adam was born in Canada and speaks fluent English French and Arabic. For us non French speaking Canadians, it was so nice.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

Me and my mum stayed at Riad Slawi for 4 nights. We were booked to stay at a different riad in the medina in an area named Sidi ben slimane but we were told that this was also a riad owned by them and we would be staying here instead.

We arrived at 10pm in the evening and were a little over whelmed to say the least but we'l were greeted by Adam by a huge smile. Adam the host was the sweetest kindest man we've met on a trip so far. He immediately made us feel at ease, made us some mint tea and gave us time to relax.

The area is traditional Marrakech and the streets are hustling and bustling with people even at 10:30pm but as soon as you step inside it is pure serenity.

The double room was very nicely furnished , air conditioned and the bathroom was clean. We were the only guests staying there but this was nice as it was very peaceful.

The food was absolutely delicious and on our last evening here we had an absolute feast, from 4 different Moroccan starters right down to dessert was incredible. Adam you are a brilliant guy and my mum hasn't stopped praising your kindness.

This place provides tranquility in a city that is so vibrant and full of life.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2016

I have no words to describe how wonderful time I spent at this lovely riad. The owner took care of any request and always try to makes us feel like at home and happy.
Rooms are very lovely, with fridge that is not very comon in riad (we have been 6 times in Marrakech and we have been in many riad so far), also include air-con and big bath with bathtub.
Breakfast was delicious with pancake, cake, squizeed juice, msemen (encourage you to try it) omellette..etc
Very quiet and private with only a few rooms to enjoy your privacy.
If you need any further question, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks

Room Tip: Hurry up, because has only a few rooms,
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2016

Riad Slawi - only 5 min walk from Sidi Ben Slimane Mosque.
Riad has four rooms. Room we stayed at was like mini suit with very comfortable mini living room.
Riad’s fountain courtyard is very quiet, with calm atmosphere and unique microclimate.
Every day on breakfast we were getting different kind of homemade pancakes - that’s Moroccan specialty. And, of course, Berber mint tea "Nana".
But the Slawi Riad picture would be incomplete without Adam. Adam the General Manager. Or "Speedy Adam".
He not only speaks fast, everything he does is blitz fast. Calling Taxi, bringing medicines on bike or telling directions - you name it...
Thank you Adam! We’ll be back for sure!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2016

You feel very welcome when you arive at Riad Slawi. It is calm, clean and tastefully decorated. The rooms a nice and the breakfast is great. The host Adam is very sweet and helpful and makes your stay in Marrakech even better. We loved the City and Slawi and Will be back.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family