“What a great holiday!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie
Ranked #101 of 508 Hotels in Marrakech
Hailsham, United Kingdom
“What a great holiday!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

Where do i start"" we stayed at this great hotel in feb 2012 for my wife's 30th, with my 2 kids from the start we was treated so well till our last day. Customer service was amazing the hotel could not do enough for any of my family, never stayed in a RIU before and it defo wont be the last what a great time we had it was only a short break and so wish it was longer. Every member of staff could not of not done enough for us from the hotel bar staff was loving them cocktails "spring time cooler" can still taste the vodka NOW. They as just so good to my kids even my little one was showing them how to do street dance was soooo funny to see. One thing also i never thought marrakech would be such i friendly place to go except the markets lol. This hotel is massive but there is so much you can do from table tennis, darts pool table, the hotel pools is the biggest i have ever seen but one thing it was very cold i even bet my 12 yr old 50 dirahams to get in ha ha. If you want to be treated like royalty you will not be disapointed.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank yid1979

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,260)
  • Turkish first
York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

Stayed here with my wife in February 2012.
The hotel is far away from the city so its nice and quiet but there is nothing round and about so if you enjoy a walk everyday you'll be disappointed as i was.
The hotel complex was very well kept and clean. The facilites including gym, indoor swimming pool and free wifi in reception were very good plus points.
Our room was large, comfortable and very clean. There are 3 or 4 english TV channels including BBC and ITV. The shower and bath were very good.
The slight down side was the catering. The food was good but the selection wasn't varied that much so by night 4 it was a bit 'samey'. In the past I have been to Rui hotels where the food was much better. (Spain and Morocco).
The bars were spacious and comfortable with entertaiment every evening. I would recommend however getting friendly with the bar staff - the amount of alcohol (whisky, gin vodka etc) was determined by who served you and there mood. One chap was incredibly ungenerous and miserbale most of the time!! Aside from this the staff were generally friendly and helpful.
As for the city it wasn't very appealing to me - but is well worth wandering round for a couple of hours one day.
Overall a nice hotel and holiday but Agadir was far better.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lmorby
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

Stayed at this hotel in May 2011 and it was lovely. Welcome drink on arrival, bags sent straight to your room, no rush to check in, we were all shown straight to the restaurant.

All areas of the hotel are spotlessly clean. The food is great and the service is wonderful, each and every member of staff served us with a smile, nothing was too much trouble. The entertainment team work tirelessly every day to entertain all guests, not just the kids! It gets a bit cheesy in the evening but even if you think it's awful you can grab an all inclusive bottle of wine or a cocktail and have a giggle along!!

The pool wasn't that cold despite all the reviews and it being early in the season and it warms up in no time - it's a gorgeous pool, very luxurious and relaxing. I'm not a beach person really though so didn't miss not being near the sea.

Don't take loads of money unless you plan on buying lots of extravagant items in the Souks, i took £200 for 7 days and hardly spent any of it - came back with several souvenirs too, it's cheap and you can barter. You don't need any money at the hotel.

Overall, i think this place is a bargain - don't hesitate to choose it!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
8 Thank haylo83
Wirral
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Club Hotel RIU Tikida Palmeraie
Marrakech
9 to 16 January 2012

My review is based on my stay as part of a party of 12 ladies to celebrate a 50th Birthday.

On arrival we were checked in easily and after a slight delay our baggage was transported to our accommodation block.

General
The hotel site is huge with pleasant double story blocks scattered in the gardens away from the central reception and restaurants area. The staff were hard-working and cheerful - they couldn’t do enough for us be it in the restaurant, bar, pool or reception. They were superb.

Room
My room [1109] was large with flat screen TV, fridge (2 litres of water left daily), and a free safety deposit (if you are not familiar with safety deposit boxes then read the instructions as I managed to lock the safe but could not open it - the staff were quick to resolve my dilemma. We rarely saw our daily cleaning lady but the room and bathroom were kept spotless and the floor was washed daily.

Restaurants
Breakfast was held in Le Tikida Restaurant (07.30 – 10.30). The selection was very good with eggs cooked in a variety of ways, cheese, salads, fruit, cakes and pastries, yoghurts and local dishes. On one particular morning fresh salmon and champagne were available! If you are a late riser, as most of our party were, a Continental Breakfast is available from 10.30 - 12.00 at the snack bar facing the pool. Lunch was available in the La Trattoria Restaurant from12.30 - 15.30 and afternoon snacks again in La Trattoria from15.30 - 17.30. We always enjoyed our evening meal in Le Tikida. (19.00 – 22.00) There was always a good selection of local dishes, superb salads, and pasta. The menu varied slightly each evening. The presentation of food was excellent and it was replenished quickly. The tables had crisp white tablecloths and the staff were very attentive making sure we always had the wine of our choice.

There are 2 specialist restaurants. The Moroccan, El Nakheel and the Italian, La Trattoria bookings for these have to be made in advance (no charge). Whilst we enjoyed the Italian Restaurant we felt that we had more selection in the main restaurant. On our last night we chose El Nakheel. The meal was very good and well presented. The staff produced a Birthday Cake and sang Happy Birthday for our celebration.

Bars
There are 4 bars for use throughout the day.
Lobby Bar Le Majorelle 09.00 – 00.00
Bar Piscine Le Oasis 10.00 to 16.00
Terrace Bar 12.00 – 18.00
Bar Salon La Scene 19.30-00.00

Pools
The outdoor pool is surrounded by sun beds and large beds for people who liked to share. Although the pool looked inviting only 3 people were brave enough to put it to good use as the water was freezing! The heated indoor pool was housed in a separate block with the gym and spa. The pool opened from 08.00 -19.00 and the small gym from 09.00-17.00. Pool towels are provided.

Grounds
As I was an early riser I would jog around the inner wall of the complex - it took me about 12 minutes. I also (to the horror of my fellow travellers) went for a walk around the outside of the complex. The locals went about their business and did not bother me, just a friendly wave and they passed on their scooters. I also jogged to the garage shop about ten minutes away. I was careful but I never felt threatened in any way.

Trips
There were a number of trips to choose from and I decided on two, the History of Marrakech ½ day and the Road of the Kasbahs 4 x4 (0700-19.00) - I did not regret my choice. As ten of our group booked for the History tour we were provided with our own mini bus and guide. Khalid was very intelligent and witty and we quickly realised that had we have done this tour ourselves we would have missed so much.
The 4x4 tour was into the higher Atlas Mountains where we discovered the wonder that is World Heritage Site, Ait Ben Haddou, a town built entirely of moulded earth and clay brick. We also saw a variety of traditional Kasbahs and travelled through Berber villages and across the arid river beds of Morocco. This trip included a lovely lunch on a roof-top of a small village hotel.

We took several trips to Jamma el- Fnaa square on the free shuttle bus that drops and picks you up at the square which is opposite Koutoubia Mosque. It’s described as the Piccadilly Circus of Morocco but ten times busier and thrums with everything from snake charmers to acrobats. The souks are like rabbit warrens so you have to have a good sense of direction. When we’d finished our bartering we sipped tea in a local café overlooking the square (no alcohol served in the square). We also visited the square in the evening as it came alive with the locals coming out to sample local delicacies at the stalls which had sprung up in the afternoon - the food stalls are dismantled every night.

The shuttle bus departure times: 10.00/11.00/14.30/16.00/18.00/19.00 returning at 12.50/15/00/17.20/18.30 and 20.00. You must make your booking with the reception staff.

Overall the Club Hotel RIU Tikida Palmeraie provided our party with all we needed for a good value week in the winter sun and can be recommended.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
25 Thank Pepetrfc
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I recently visited Morocco for the very first time with my wife. We both searched online and read the reviews for Marrakech and this hotel before booking the holiday. Thanks to all the reviewers on Trip Advisor our decision was made easy and we weren't disappointed!!!

My previous holiday in Turkey, I had booked all inclusive and was seriously disappointed at the lack of food available and this time I was in two minds about going all inclusive again. As there wasn't much difference in the cost I opted for all inclusive and really glad that I did as both me and my wife were surprised and extremely happy at the range of food on offer everyday.

The hotel itself was really impressive and the size of the place just overwhelmed us... The staff were very pleasant, polite and friendly. Sadly the little luxuries on offer at the onsite spa were not value for money at all.

Would visit every year if I could afford it! :-)

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple