All reviews rooftop pool choose this hotel pancakes fresh towels an excursion medina olives square
Reviewed 14 June 2017

The city is very beautiful with its ancient monument... and the hotel give services every traveler require... The hotel has a view of the city with its rooftop pool which is beautiful at night...Fresh juice at breakfast, which is my favourite... and I love the canopy bed.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2017

Hello,

I've stayed 6 nights in this hotel and my impression is not great at all.

Let me start from the booking process. On booking.com it is clearly written that the guests who stay for more than 3 nights will receive a hammam treatment and a massage for 30 minutes. I was really excited about it before my journey to Marrakesh. However, the hotel had available appointments after our trip ! It wasn't pleasant at all as there wasn't many guests in the hotel. Finally, I didn't receive any of these treatments and no one did anything to help me.

The Second matter are the goods provided. On the website there are jacuzzi pictures but in reality there is no jacuzzi in the hotel. The air conditioning is not working properly and there was extremely hot in the room. Again, we were told the air conditioning IS WORKING so nothing else would be done about it.

The last point is rude staff. There was only one gentleman who tried to help us whenever we needed but rest of the team was very angry and unhelpful. There are the examples. Once we arrive we wanted to exchange the money. The receptionist said that £1= 11.86 Dihram, we felt that it wasn't a great price so we went to our room. We discussed the matter and we decided to exchange £20 so we had enough money to go to the city centre. We went downstairs again, there was another gentleman who said it will be £1=12.30 Dihram. The previous person wanted to cheat us...

The second situation was with excursions which are incredibly expensive in the hotel. We booked all the excursions with different company. The lady responsible for them in the hotel was very angry that we didn't book anything from them and she told us about it. It was really shocking.

The good points about the hotel are:
- there are many restaurants and shops around so it is easy to buy anything.
-The roof top pool is really nice.

I hope this review will help someone to make a right decision.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2017

Thank you very much to all the staff of the hotel Imperial Plaza,I'm home now and i still remember every moment of my stay in Marrakech,you are very kind and helpful people you made my journey very interesting ,you have a nice hotel and a beautiful pool, i will be so glad to come back again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2017

Booking.com & Hotel Imperial Plaza & Spa, Marrakesh, Mo
STAY AWAY , BAD BUSINESS , Be careful , SCAMMERS
I booked at Hotel Imperial Plaza and Spa in Marrakesh, Morocco using booking.com and paid in full with my credit card to booking.com. When I arrived at the hotel, the hotel attendant did not have my name on their reservation list and did not know that I was coming. I produced the copy of the reservation. He read it and calculated double the money more which he asked me to pay on top of what I already paid to booking.com. He then said we do not care of what booking.com charged. We classify their charge as an introductory charge. I immediately felt that this was a scam between booking.com and the hotel. I refused to pay the extra charges and canceled. Immediately after I called booking.com and asked them to resolve this matter. They did not. I canceled the reservation with booking.com, the hotel did not care one way or the other because he did not have my name in the first place. I stayed at a different hotel. Three days after the cancellation booking.com provided my credit card information to the hotel who charged my credit card the full amount fraudulently. I asked booking.com about the fraudulent charge to my credit card. They asked me for a proof that my credit card was charged. In the mean time I am traveling through Morocco and my mail goes to my house in Canada. I had no way of sending them the credit card statement until I returned to Canada three months later. Booking.com did not bother to check for the charge on their records.

When I returned to Canada, I scanned the credit card statement which showed the fraudulent charge by the hotel, and sent it to them. Booking.com accepted it as a true charge and told me over the phone to give the hotel a week to pay me my money back and if not, booking.com will pay me the money. Eight days went by and no money from the hotel, I emailed booking.com and asked for my money. I received a reply from booking.com from an unknown “Charles” with no full name or full address telling me to go to my credit card company. At this time booking.com has blocked my phone calls and each time I call, I get put on an indefinite hold! No one answers for more than an hour. In Canada there are only three telephone numbers for booking.com ( Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver) and no physical address to any. The only physical address they list is with a name for a CEO in Amsterdam, Holland and most likely it is fictitious. Interestingly enough the phone number for the CEO is the same for their customer service, If their CEO exists he/she should have called me to find out what happened rather than blocking my calls.

I would like to take booking.com to court but it is very hard because of the lack of a physical address. I asked for an address but they didn’t provide one. Booking.com is a shadow company. You can not take them to court. My warning to everyone out there who consider giving booking.com your credit card number DO NOT. They are everywhere on the internet i.e. in hotel booking, airlines bookings or any other bookings. Be aware that once they have your credit card information, you have no way of holding them accountable. You can’t trust them. It has been since January 2017 and still have not gotten my money back.

If there is someone who can help me and show me the way to take booking.com to court in Canada, I would really appreciate you contacting me. Furthermore if I did not have friends who helped me find another hotel, I would have been in real danger. Booking.com put my life in danger.

Room Tip: Never use booking.com. Do not book in this hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank m34_22
Reviewed 31 May 2017

I want just to send a big thanks to all the people from hotel imperial plaza who were really very kind and helpful all the time,you made my holiday in Marrakech better, i come back home with a lot of nice memories in my head and i hope to see you again all guys, you are very nice and your hotel is very beautiful and not expensive,may god bless you and keep you always

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple