“Amazing little find”

La Cantine Des gazelles
Ranked #8 of 1,035 Restaurants in Marrakech
Price range: US$3 - US$16
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Super restaurant in the middle of the Medina and souls. Great variety of food all served really nicely and tasting great! Fabulous service and attention! Well done all! You are doing a great job. A mix of traditional Moroccan dishes and other dishes to choose from.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,571)

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Cozy pink place, always rather crowded. The staff is super friendly and they'll remember of you if you come back (we did come back and they not only remembered us but also gave us extra large servings). The food is very tasty and super cheap. Definitely recommended

1  Thank Daniele S
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Went there following TripAdvisor advices and it’s all as previously described. International food as well as local and everything was good! Good option if part of the group wants to enjoy a good Tajine while others are starving for a pizza! Friendly and efficient staff.

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I came here the night after visiting blackchich (not backchich the restaurant next door) and I would be skeptical on giving them anywhere near the same review. Whilst the decor is lovely and food is a reasonable 7, the way the bosses spoke to the staff was really a downer. Being a Moroccan and understanding the tone and profanity that was being spewed at a couple of the workers would really be a reason I wouldn’t support this business any longer.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We came here on our first evening at Marrakesh, and were happy to see that it offered a 3 course meal for around 9€. The portions for both the avocado salad and chicken tajine were huge. I almost had no room for dessert after finishing them. The food were also presented nicely, which I appreciate. Service was also friendly and fast.

On the other hand, I felt that the food needed more flavor - I kept needing to sprinkle more salt onto my food. I also ran out of sauce to eat my chicken with in my tajine. To my dismay, I got mostly chicken breasts, which were a bit dry.

Although we had a nice experience here, there are other restaurants in the same area that we personally feel have more flavorful food.