“Good place to eat”

La Cantine Des gazelles
Ranked #7 of 1,059 Restaurants in Marrakech
Price range: US$3 - US$16
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Went there following TripAdvisor advices and it’s all as previously described. International food as well as local and everything was good! Good option if part of the group wants to enjoy a good Tajine while others are starving for a pizza! Friendly and efficient staff.

Date of visit: August 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,725)

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I came here the night after visiting blackchich (not backchich the restaurant next door) and I would be skeptical on giving them anywhere near the same review. Whilst the decor is lovely and food is a reasonable 7, the way the bosses spoke to the staff was really a downer. Being a Moroccan and understanding the tone and profanity that was being spewed at a couple of the workers would really be a reason I wouldn’t support this business any longer.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We came here on our first evening at Marrakesh, and were happy to see that it offered a 3 course meal for around 9€. The portions for both the avocado salad and chicken tajine were huge. I almost had no room for dessert after finishing them. The food were also presented nicely, which I appreciate. Service was also friendly and fast.

On the other hand, I felt that the food needed more flavor - I kept needing to sprinkle more salt onto my food. I also ran out of sauce to eat my chicken with in my tajine. To my dismay, I got mostly chicken breasts, which were a bit dry.

Although we had a nice experience here, there are other restaurants in the same area that we personally feel have more flavorful food.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Delicious and good portions, complimentary little snack if the staff likes you. The tajins and couscous are delicious. Harira is superb also. Dont get scammed at the food stalls at the square, they are 10-20 dirhams cheaper but tasteless and kid sized portions are served! We ate there almost every day at least once!

Reviewed 9 August 2018

I went there because of all the good reviews here on Trip Advisor. I tried first one evening. It was around 8pm, however, they were fully booked that night. I could see that the place is small and it was absolutely packed. Went there for lunch next day, although it was full again, I managed to find a seat. Would have waited if needed. The food is delicious, they have lots of options for people who want to try local food and for those that want to stay away from it (like my husband). They said if I wanted to come for dinner it would be better to book in advance. So keep that in mind. But it is definitely worth to try this restaurant. The location is perfect, 1 minute walking from main square Jemaa el-Fna.

Date of visit: March 2018