“Friendly Staff at Ibis Fes!”
Review of Ibis Fes

Ibis Fes
Ranked #55 of 100 Hotels in Fes
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Wide smiles greeted us when we arrived at Ibis Fes! So accommodating and genuine people that we forget our pain and tired during long hours of ride. The hotel is so clean, good for money. The location is almost at the heart of the city and we had a good walk going to the nearest mall! Great experience we had in our first Ibis hotel ever..

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mujel H
IBISFES, Front Office Manager at Ibis Fes, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Thank you for your feedback following your stay at ibis Fes. It is with great pleasure that we receive your compliments. Also, we will certainly share your comments with our entire team. Your satisfaction is the best reward for our staff who work day after day to offer you impeccable service. Waiting to welcome you again, we pray you to believe, Madam / Sir, the expression of our feelings the best

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

I would like to make a comment about a member of staff at this hotel.works in reception and her name is Nisrine trust me this is the kind of person that you want to have working in reception absolutely top class.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
IBISFES, Front Office Manager at Ibis Fes, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Dear M. Taffy Good afternoung ,
Thank you for your feedback following your stay at ibis Fes. It is with great pleasure that we receive your compliments. Also, we will certainly share your comments with our entire team. Your satisfaction is the best reward for our staff who work day after day to offer you impeccable service. Waiting to welcome you again, we pray you to believe, Sir, the expression of our feelings the best

Reviewed 2 April 2017

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 2 April 2017

From the outside it did not look like a typical Ibis which was good. The receptionists were helpful and friendly. The pool was set in nice surroundings but as it's not heated it's too cold to go in for a swim

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear M Janice

Reviewed 27 March 2017

We arrived into Fes after a LONG train ride in sweltering heat from Marrakech. We were tired and just wanted a hotel for our 2 nights in Fes. Looked out the train station saw this hotel exactly adjacent to the train station. The location couldn't have been better and with so much luggage, all we had to do was wheel it over and just crash on a bed. The prospect of lifting bags and hopping into a taxi to somewhere was just not appealing.

Walked into the hotel and made a reservation for 2 rooms. Changed this to 3 rooms as we were a big family. The front desk staff was outstanding, very friendly, polite and courteous.

Went into the room, removed the bed sheets and saw to my amazement that the bed sheets had actually not been changed. The pillows had been turned over but clearly had visible snot. The bed sheet had like scabs and peeled off dry skin near the feet - CLEARLY THE SHEETS HAD NOT BEEN CHANGED.

Took my bags down to front desk and asked for another room. This room was semi-cleaner, although the entire building is aged and falling apart. Okay, went to bed and got up to use the washroom in the morning. To my disgust, there was streaks of feces in the toilet bowl. This had not been brushed. Went to take a shower but the water just sat there and slowly trickled down the drain. I probably had other people's hair and fluids all over my legs before I left the shower.

The following day, I switched rooms into a 3-person occupancy room with my family. Paid the housekeeping staff a large tip to clean and change every bed sheet. Came back and found the room was spotless and very clean. Yet, in the middle of the night, I felt something was crawling in my hair. Fearing lice, I've been washing my hair and scrubbing them every single day since. By the way, the shower in this room also did not drain.

The buffet was missable really. The espresso machine gave a macchiato when I clicked on latte because it had probably never been cleaned, so it always poured out hot chocolate. I had a runny nose and asked for a napkin. The man in the buffet gave me 2 pieces, which was not enough. I just grabbed some of the trays because they only give you one napkin per tray. The napkin is like a thin tissue and he was very upset that I did this.

The hotel grounds are beautiful and well-maintained.

As I said before, the front desk staff is outstanding. The housekeeping staff was also great and with a tip, ensured the room was squeaky clean. I paid a lot for the rooms that we had and IBIS is supposed to be an international chain of hotels, yet this hotel was terrible. I'd never stay in this hotel again and will think twice for staying at an Ibis, if this experience is really reflective of the hotel chain.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank MyraTravels
IBISFES, Front Office Manager at Ibis Fes, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2017

Dear Dr. Cocker
It is with particular attention that we are aware of feedback following your stay at ibis Fes.
we present you our apologies for the inconvenience encountered and we thank you for taking the time to write to us, we are very keen to offer quality services to our customers, to improve feedback we are very valuable. The hotel management was informed immediately of your remarks. She alerted the whole of his team in order to avoid recurrence of the situation. Despite this incident, we hope to keep your confidence and remain at your disposal. Waiting to welcome you soon in an Ibis hotel, please believe, Madam , the expression of our feelings the best