All reviews the club lounge moroccan restaurant moroccan tea nice lobby business trip business hotel buffet breakfast hassan ii gym medina concierge fi nightclub
Reviewed 4 April 2018

When comparing this place to all Starwoods, this place would score average but when compared to hotels across Morocco, I found my experience overall to be better than average (i.e. very good).

The best part of our stay was the fast / stable internet. Traveling across Morocco, fast / stable internet access was a major pain so this is something important. The Club Lounge had decent offerings in the evening and for breakfast. Service was also good - I was upgraded to a suite and the concierge lead was extremely helpful. Location was also decent but candidly we weren't in Casablanca too long and thankfully so (Casablanca has little to offer in comparison to the rest of Morocco). Room wise, the suite was massive (home theater living room, desk area, 2 bathrooms, fully loaded kitchen, and master bedroom). However, the appointments were only mediocre and the room smelled heavily of smoke (almost enough for me to drop the rating down to average).

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We stayed at Sheraton on points+cash rate which was reasonable, I would have never paid asking retail price though. The building is fantastic example of brutalist architecture and is as attractive and pleasant as government archive - a cube with small windows.

It is conveniently located to old Medina, major landmarks and is 700m from Casa Port railway station. There are lots of places to eat around as well as some shopping.

Interiors look dated, they do not yet require repairs but clearly will in some near future. We had our room on Towers level - room was adequate and had 2 free bottles of water, bathrobes and slippers, and a king bed. Because of old windows, street noise was clearly audible in the room.

Towers lounge is located at 12 floor, have breakfast in the morning and the happy hour from 7pm to 8pm. All other times it's just coffee from Nespresso machine. Breakfast was reasonable with some vegetables, cold cuts/cheese, olives, pastries, and eggs to order. Happy hour was utter disaster - there were some canapés and 2 hot dishes (normally sort of meatballs and something else). It took a lot of time to replenish canapés once they run out. Most ridiculous is that, in addition to the fact evening hours are only 60 minutes, we were told that wine is limited to 2 half-glasses (essentially one full glass of wine) per person. When we asked lounge lady where this policy is coming from she advised to call reception. Reception didn't know anything about this "policy" so we ended up speaking to duty manager. DM advised this is not a policy at all but rather a "guideline they follow" - so, basically, something they invented to save some money.

Overall - survivable experience, but I would never stay at the full price they charge, nor do I advise to pay anything for lounge access.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
houda k, On behalf of the General Manager at Sheraton Casablanca Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear avsm,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in regards to your recent stay at the Sheraton Casablanca Hotel.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during you experience at the Club Lounge.

We assure you that our Food & Beverage team will take your comment into consideration and discuss your concern during the Executive meeting.

Thank you again to help us improving our services.

On Behalf of the General Manager

Reviewed 3 April 2018

As a number of reviewers have suggested, the Sheraton Casablanca is badly in need of renovations and maintenance. During my stay the following issues arose in my room, which was in general need of a refurbishment:
1) The faucet in the bathroom leaked when turned on.
2) The tv, which had few English channels, flickered on and off during my stay.
3) The phone required maintenance...twice.

In the gym, some of the cardio equipment did not work properly.

The ground floor restaurant was poor. Moroccan cuisine is generally excellent but this was not the case with the overpriced buffet, which offered limited options that lacked in flavor.

Laundry service was expensive and was not completed by the time promised. Clothing was returned as promised only after I made inquiries of the front desk staff.

The front desk staff indicated more than once that they were sorry. In response, I am sorry for this review.

From a positive perspective, the cleaning staff were exceptionally detail-oriented and the hotel was spotless.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel...
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
houda k, On behalf of the General Manager at Sheraton Casablanca Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Wandering_Rick,

Thank you for your review ! It is so important that we know where we fall short so that we can continue to strive to provide an exceptional experience for our guests.

We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations throughout your stay with us.

We have considered your concerns with utmost seriousness and necessary actions with concerned teams were immediately taken to make improvement areas you mentioned.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for not providing a rewarding stay and always feel free to contact me if you would like to further discuss your visit with us.

On Behalf of the General Manager
Houda.kansari@sheraton.com

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

The Sheraton Casablanca is close to several main sights, like the Grand Mosque but a taxi ride from great shopping and food. I’d say the rooms are good from the price but not that comfortable.

The one thing I will rave about is the service. The staff was extremely helpful in securing taxis whenever we needed. I would say the breakfast buffet was good but I’m not sure it was worth the price.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
houda k, On behalf of the General Manager at Sheraton Casablanca Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear Marty S,

Thank you for your constructive feed back !

We appreciate your compliments on our teams, we are proud of them.

When you plan to return, feel free to contact our concierge, he will be very pleased to assist you in finding easily places you need for shopping, restaurants and others.....

Thank you again for your review.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Warm Regards,

On behalf of the General Manager

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Overall very average experience. They forgot and missed my Airport pick up. I called up the hotel from Airport and they promised me to give a callback but no one called. Very difficult to meet the GM and the managers. Bad In-room service. Average housekeeping. Not very good internet service.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
houda k, Executive Assistant at Sheraton Casablanca Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Dear Gaurav S,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

We are sorry to learn that we didn't meet your expectations during your stay at the Sheraton Casablanca Hotel.

Would you please send us your booking number to enable us to investigate in your concern.

Thanks again for your review.

Kind Regards,