1,709 results
All reviews prestige suite bose sound system maintenance issues stylish rooms private beach pool area turn down service direct access to the beach breakfast service large pool mini bar pool staff hotel is beautiful sofitel agadir separate toilet moroccan tea special thanks
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Had a fantastic 4 nights at the Hotel Sofitel with family.
Warm welcome on arrival from Mohammed (on probation- who hopefully achieved his diploma!)- with Moroccan tea and pastries. Hotel were able to honour our request for adjacent rooms.
Good sized rooms, with plenty of space.
Decor a little dated..

Buffet breakfast couldn’t be faulted... particularly loved the fresh juices..
Swimming area was lovely- thought the larger (non-heated) pool was bracing!
Beach front hotel- well maintained with beach volley ball too..
Only downside was that the hotel is situated at one end of a very long (7Km) sandy beach, so bit of a trek for food in evenings.
Would definitely recommend

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Wanderer285217
H5707, Directeur général at Hotel Sofitel Agadir Thalassa Sea & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the amazing review and I am thrilled to see that you had a memorable fantastic stay with us. Many thanks for your words and for taking the time to share your experience at Sofitel Agadir Thalassa Sea & Spa.
I am humbled to receive your gracious compliments for the breakfast and our facilities.

We cannot wait to welcome you back for another heavenly visit.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

I was here a couple of nights with my family. The hotel has a very nice riad and a nice pool. The rooms and the hallways (carpet) as well as the rest of the infrastructure where completely worn out. I gave this critique to the staff which was very open and towards the critique and tried to make the best out of it. But clearly they could not change thesse circumstances. It looks like there are alot of necessary investments not made. Also what was a big dissapointment was the general price level which compared to the quality was dissapointing.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Stefan M

Dear Stefan,

We are deeply sorry to read that you haven't enjoyed thorougly your stay among us. We are aware that the hotel keeps marks of the past, however our Heartists all work hard in order to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Nonetheless, please be assured that we take your remarks highly into account so that we can everyday improve ourselves.

If you have any further remarks, you can reach us at the following email adress : H5707-AM@sofitel.com
We will be glad to discuss your situation further.

We wish you a pleasent day.

Directeur Sofitel Agadir

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

This is a very good hotel, our room was excellent and we had the best sleep ever in a very good bed. Service was good, and the food in this hotel is absolutely amazing so good that we did not go outside for food , spa was very good. I will recommend this hotel to anyone

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
H5707, Directeur général at Hotel Sofitel Agadir Thalassa Sea & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

Dear Rita,

Many thanks for having taken the time to share your feedback about your most recent stay at Sofitel Agadir Thalassa Sea & Spa with the tripadvisor.com community. It was a pleasure to read how amazing your stay was and how our teams made all the efforts to ensure your stay to be the most comfortable one. We are also glad you enjoyed our delicious food!

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again to our hotel!

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

Great service and stay.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

The only thing I would change is: initially book a room with breakfast as breakfast paid onsite is 220 DH per person per day, which is really good expensive.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Hassan G
H5707, Directeur général at Hotel Sofitel Agadir Thalassa Sea & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Dear Hassan,

The entire staff of Sofitel Agadir Thalassa Sea & Spa is glad you have enjoyed your stay among us, and the service suited your.

Once again thank you very much for your review and hope to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

Honestly, this is a nice hotel, that had a lot of detail put into the design, rooms, and with lots of staff to cater for you. However, it really could do with a few small improvements.

Driving into the hotel, we were amazed at the elaborate front garden and fountain, the hotel lobby. We were treated very nicely, and really given a 5 star welcoming. We were upgraded, and loved our room. The pool was great to swim in, and there is plenty of chairs/booths available. The gym is handy, but a very typical hotel gym - mostly designed for cardio with limited resistance machines/weights. The resistance machines are not much use if you use weighted machines usually.

The breakfast was good, although if you come at peak (9:30-10am ish) the staff seem a bit overwhelmed, and you need to flag someone down if you want orange juice, or a coffee, etc. We only ate a meal, aside from breakfast, in the hotel once. It was really nothing special. I ordered a salad and my partner ordered a pizza. I have honestly had more tasty food premade in a supermarket. It was also overpriced, and I got another caeser salad from a restaurant in the city for a third of the priced with a lot more flavour. Pizza's can be bought for about a fifth of the price in morocco and, again, taste a lot nicer. This was not really a problem, but we decided we would just eat elsewhere.

We were soon told we are not allowed to bring in our own food and drink, which is incredibly insulting when we only wanted to bring in a couple of bottles of water to drink in our own room! I understand and respect no outside food and drink around the pool/places that food and drink is served, but, in a country like morocco where tap water is undrinkable it's incredibly greedy to force people to pay 35 Dirhams for a bottle of water that can be bought for 5 Dirhams at any shop! The hotel provides a tiny bottle of water which is definitely not enough in the summer months. The security told us we could buy water inside the hotel, but I doubt anyone who works there would even dream of paying those prices. Be warned, security will search your bags in case you bring in food. I honestly got the feeling they were more focused on food than anything that actually would have put people in danger.

There are a few complaints about the food quality in the restaurants and also the no outside water, which has recieved comments back from the hotel such as 'we will take this into consideration' or 'we would like to invite you to stay again to improve' however, nothing has been done apparently.

After a day out for lunch and some shopping, me and my partner walked back into the hotel via the beach. I was a few metres in front and walked past security no questions asked. However, my partner was stopped and asked what room he was in before the security searched his bag, a tiny shopping bag only just big enough to fit the board shorts that were in there. There were other times we walked past and the security were not present as we walked in through the beach, or if we had no bags, did not ask for our room number.

The rooms were cleaned well everyday, but one of the days, after we had come back from a day out, the heating was switched on to 30 deg, which was strange as we definitely didn't have it like that when we left.

We didn't use the spa there either, many of the treatments were grossly overpriced, but I do believe this is to be expected in a 5 star hotel, and I would hope they were of a better quality than the food.

It may also be worth noting this hotels location, it is quite far along the beach, and away from the main city, however, it is easily walkable or taxis are available outside.
Even though it is still on the outskirts of the city, the beach in front still gets quite busy (of no fault of the hotel though) but its good that the hotel has a small area fenced off with a bar, seats and at night, live music.

All in all I would recommend this hotel, however, I would also recommend anyone looking to stay here would also check other hotels in the area as many of them also looked nice, and nothing about this hotel really stood out for us.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple