All reviews nice swimming pool italian restaurant large balconies algerian wine rooms are spacious sea view tennis courts star service cold water an iron nice view nice room mediterranean sea business trip el port city
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel has one one the most beautiful views I have ever seen. But the restaurants were terrible and extremely expensive. I would not recommend eating there at all. The service was subpar and the personnel seemed to not care. The rooms were great but lacked that five star touch. Like I had to call to get towels or toilet paper.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Excellent facilities and location. Panoramic view and nearby has all the main central areas, including the palace of the government.
Nor in the room neither in the whole hotel they had an Iron and board but I had to send my shirts to be ironed outside and only the day after. Not acceptable for a hotel with this price.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel needs to be managed by professional management such as Four Seasons Hotels in order to bring it up to 5 Star standard. For example the waitress at breakfast won’t even bring you coffee or utensils, unless you ask. Lounge upstairs only beverages, no food and inattentive waiter - not even peanuts were offered. Certain things in room defective or worn out.

Slow internet, wouldn’t let me log in anymore on some devices after 2 days.

Other than that the bed was comfortable and the location with view good, although it’s not really walkable to town, because the property is huge.

A prestigious place that’s poorly managed.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2018

I was here for business last week for four days and here are my positive and negative takeaways.

1. Huge lobby area with a lovely coffee bar. Various types of high-end stores to shop from if needed.
2. There is a massive breakfast buffet in the AM with loads of fresh fruits and vegetables and fresh pastries, eggs, etc.. the coffee is delicious.
3. There is a fantastic bar area upstairs on the second floor with outdoor seating and a huge lounge area. Off of the bar area, there is a really wonderful French restaurant, with fresh seafood and some nice Algerian wine selections.
4. The room that I had was huge and spacious. The beds were very comfortable and I had an amazing balcony view of the ocean.
5. The service was really top notch. The bellman and front desk were extremely helpful.
6. There is a wonderful Italian restaurant there also which I recommend. The tiramisu was delicious.

Negatives.
1. The TV in the room was old and didn't really work very well at all which didn't really matter to me very much.
2. The showers only have a half of a door and you end up getting water all over the floors if you don't adjust the head properly.
3. I really wish they had an ironing board in the room. There was nothing to iron my shirts and pants after a long trip.
4. The Wifi was spotty at times.

Overall, I would most definitely stay there again if I were to visit Algiers again. It was a top-notch hotel and would hold a candle to most US places. The positives far outweigh the negatives.

Room Tip: Get a room side view on the ocean side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Hotel is located on a hilltop overlooking the harbour and the city. It is a stunning view during the day and as well as at night. I had the pleasure of watching a magnificent sunrise for the 3 days I stayed there. The rooms are large and very comfortable. So is the bed. The rooms have large balconies. I am sure it will be another pleasure to sit there and watch the city when the weather is milder during the Spring time. The staff was very friendly and polite. Worths to pay extra to get a seaside room.

Room Tip: Any room at overlooking the seaside is great. You can ask for a corner room to get a wider view if you like.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business