“Sooo Good”

Gillerson's Grubbery
Ranked #12 of 320 Restaurants in Aurora
Price range: US$6 - US$17
Description: We like to know what we're eating and where it comes from and we're bringing that philosophy to Gillerson's Grubbery. Here's what you should know about us...we don't believe in fancy or fussy. We cook food you love and recognize, food you pick up, knowing the juice will run down your chin. It's comfort food prepared from high quality, fresh ingredients sourced from local farmers and businesses, with a few surprises thrown in to keep it interesting! Our handcrafted food keeps you coming back for more...again...and again...and again. We bring the same passion for quality and comfort to the bar, featuring local and fresh products. Our rotating draft beers showcase Illinois breweries, complemented by a bottle selection spanning the globe. Handcrafted cocktails are mixed on the spot and change with the seasons. Stop by after work to grab some grub and a cold one and hang out with friends. Let Gillerson's host your next private party or catering event!
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Have been here twice, once for lunch and once for dinner. We had salads for lunch. They were excellent, fresh greens, great dressing, and sufficient for an entree. We were joined by a vegan who had recommended the place because of their impossible burger. She was so impressed she had everyone try it. We had burgers on our dinner visit and have never had a better-flavored burger. All food—salads, burgers, and sides are prepared on site. Also good selection of craft beers. Have recommended this place to several friends.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Went with my husband on a Sunday. They had a limited menu for some reason. There were about 6-7 apps, 2 salads, 5 burgers and a hot dog meal to choose from. My husband was very impressed with the server's knowledge of beer and they brought samples for him to try. I ordered a cheeseburger. I liked that it was only 1/4lb and came with tater tots or fries for $6. It was cheap. I often can't eat those big 1/3 or 1/2 lb burgers and have to split with my husband, so I liked this. The burger tasted good, but the bun was a lot bigger than the burger. It looked like something an amateur like me would put together at home. My tater tots looked overcooked. We couldn't figure out if they had some extra spice on them that made them taste different or if it was from being overcooked. I'm not a big fan of spices added to my fries or tots. If it were up to me I probably wouldn't come back, but my husband likes the beer menu and the service was good so we'll probably come back, but on a day when they have their full menu. We had a Local Flavor coupon, but couldn't use it because we didn't spend enough money and beer doesn't count toward the coupon. We'll come back with our kids sometime to get our $30 worth.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Like others, I saw this place on Local Flavor / Groupon and brought the wife to check it out. Was a bit disappointed to receive a very limited menu for our Sunday lunch, but was not disappointed with our burgers and fries / tots.

What I was extremely pleased with was the beer knowledge of our waitress. She knew her beers well, offered me some samples for exploring new styles to venture into, and loved their variety / selection.

The food (on a limited Sunday menu) did not blow us away, but the value and the beer were worth a return trip in the near future.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Tried 4 different burgers and all of them were really good. The homemade ketchup is so good, along with their tater tots. The tap beer was fresh and very good. You won't be disappointed if you go. The only downfall was their service was slow for the first 15 to 20 minutes of being seated.

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

This place popped up on Groupon a couple weeks ago and looked interesting. Went tonight and were very pleased with everything. My wife and I split a burger and the oodles of noodles along with a couple drinks. Food was great, nice handcrafted Bloody Mary for my wife, and a great selection of craft beers on tap and bottles/cans. Couldn't have had a better experience.

Been to Gillerson's Grubbery? Share your experiences!