“Another decent Chinese restaurant”
Review of Szechuan House

Szechuan House
Ranked #65 of 326 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Szechuan house is definitely a good options for folks keen on spicy Chinese food. Hot Pot is a real cool USP that they have. I loved the hot and sour soup and the fish dishes. Chinese run restaurant are conservative when it comes to selling themselves. Like Mapo this is another great product.

1  Thank Sandeep0672

Reviewed 27 December 2016

although we haven't tried it yet, we've been looking for a place with an authentic hot pot in the area and this might be it. We just stopped in for lunch specials which were generous portions. Nice dishes, skilled cooking, quick service. Not the real nitty-gritty of Mapo or the over the top style of Minghin but solid real Chinese food. We'll be back.

1  Thank ChuckC545
Reviewed 15 November 2016

Great food at a reasonable price. Check out their lunch buffet. They have 8-10 entrees to choose from.

Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

I went there when it first opened. They did not interact very much . Now it seems like whole new staff. They interacted with us and asked us questions about the food and our nationality, since they spoke to us in Mandarin. The food was good but I need to keep trying different dishes. We had hot pot there and it was good. Tried the shrimp with scrambled eggs. It was ok. They do have some dim sum side dishes but not hesitate another place not too far away that had a large selection. Their specialty is Szechuan hence its name. So if want spicy then this is your place.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

From the outside (and it doesn't look bad, just small), I was expecting this to be a fast-food Chinese place, with a cafeteria style setup. I couldn't have been more wrong. It's a very nicely decorated sit-down restaurant. We went for lunch and you get an entree, drink, and egg roll for $7.50. I had the chicken & broccoli. Again my expectations were off - I wasn't expecting such a huge meal. I could barely finish it all. Everything was very tasty, and the service was good.

1  Thank larryd6578