“Usual pre-Paramount show dinner spot”

Ballydoyle Irish Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 326 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 February 2018

Service on this occasion was so-so until the food came and no one bothered to tell my companion that her salad was missing beets as they had run out. Mind you, that the beets were the only reason she chose that salad. I was given the wrong beer and when we were trying to pay, after the third attempt to get two of the three bills correct, we just paid the bill so we could make our show. This is not always the case but usually the service is okay and the place is packed, this was not a very busy night for them and it was yech. Will be scoping out a new spot for pre-show dinner.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

My wife and I came here before going to a show at the Paramount Theatre on a Sunday, early evening.
Their red sangria is possibly the best we've ever had. We had macaroni and cheese bites as an appetizer. They were decent, not spectacular. What was spectacular was my entrée. I had a penne vodka with chicken that was outstanding. My wife had beef stroganoff, which was pretty much exactly what you would expect. She thought it was a little heavy on the onion but otherwise good. We had cheesecake for desert that was good but a little too frozen. Our server was very good and friendly.
My only real complaint would be the backless bar stool type chairs. They're horrible. If I was going there on a Friday night to see a band, I would not want to sit on them for long.
All in all, we were pleasantly surprised with the quality and plan to come back.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Attended a political meeting here. Was very pleased with the size of the room for the well attended event. Service staff quick getting beverages and food arrived so fast and hot. Enjoyed the fried shrimp platter with their house cocktail sauce. Will make a point to go back.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Sunday, January 14, 2018 my wife and I went to Ballydoyle for an early dinner. We walked in and the greeter told us that it was open seating, sit anywhere. After picking our seats, we sat, and sat, and sat. After about fifteen minutes of waiting for any acknowledgement, we picked up and walked out. I can't tell you how the food was because no one was interested enough to serve us.

1  Thank Robert R
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Ballydoyle Irish Pub & Restaurant is a great restaurant for anyone who is interested in trying different foods. Its occasionally has live music for listening pleasure and is just an all around great restaurant.

Been to Ballydoyle Irish Pub & Restaurant? Share your experiences!