“Excellent Bar-be-que meals (and very reasonable prices for that quality)”
Review of JD's Q & Brew

JD's Q & Brew
Price range: US$8 - US$21
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 7 August 2017

I have eaten here at least ten times and and I have also picked up several carry-out meals. I have tried ribs, BBQ turkey, pulled pork, pulled chicken, potato skins and chili. They are all delicious. Their BBQ meats are all "slow smoked and dry rubbed". Most meals come with two sides and there are twelve sides to choose from. I like the fried onion strings, baked beans, sweet potato fries, corn bread, and mac n' cheese (The mac n' cheese is better at the restaurant where it is in a ceramic dish with cheese melted on top. The take-out version is ok, but not quite as good.) There is an extensive list of craft beers and wines (and Pepsi products). Their entire menu is available on the "JD's Q and Brew" website. They are said to have good burgers, shrimp, and salads - but I haven't tried those because I can't pass up the great BBQ.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

I recently celebrated my birthday in our backyard with approximately 50 guests. Gary from JD Q & Brew in Arlington Heights catered the evening. What a great decision! We had not heard of this restaurant until someone suggested it, we visited and found a hidden gem!

All through the process of deciding the menu Gary kept telling us whatever we wanted to serve was no problem. I requested Sweet Potato Pie and Peach Cobbler for dessert which are not on the regular menu -- not only did he say he could provide them, he said they make them in house. Another priority for us was to have the food prepared on location. We thought it would be better right off the grill and would just be fun to have them cooking back there. The ribs, chicken and pulled pork were all smoked at the restaurant and then finished on a grill he brought.

Gary arrived about three hours before the party to set up the grill and serving trays. When he arrived at our house, he asked why the rental company hadn’t set up the tables, chairs, etc. He took the initiative to set everything up and place the linens on the tables before he left only to return shortly before we wanted to eat. The food was hot, but not overcooked or dry. He made sure we had ample plates and serving pieces. In other words, no worries for the host.

Our guests all raved about how good the food was and several people asked for his contact information for their future events. My wife said the mac & cheese was like her mom used to make; other guests raved about the sweet potato hush puppies. The ribs were moist but not greasy, the pulled pork and chicken equally as delicious.

When a light drizzle started,Gary cheerfully moved the tables and food under the trees and continued serving! When the food was finished being served, Gary and his helper cleaned up the serving area, closed up the rented tables and put then in an area out of the way of the party. Then he came in the house and assisted my wife in packing up and storing the food.

My assessment is that the food from JD Q & Brew not only was the hit of our party but Gary was an intricle part of my sanity. You can relax and enjoy any event that Gary caters. We highly recommend JD Q & Brew, both for in house dining and event catering.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

I came across this place over a year ago. Tried a few things at first including a turkey leg. (Yum) I'm a big big fan of the kabobs.
Call in advance if you are going to use drive thru. I recommend going inside to look over the menu. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Pricing is like most BBQ houses, food however is much better than most.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

We love the ribs here, but all meats are good. Nice blues and oldies music in the background and good beers to go along. Lots of room for kids to run amok and tolerant staff running the place. Great for big gatherings.

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

I have been to JD's a dozen times, and it never fails to impress. Excellent burnt ends, sweet potato fries/chips that are some of the best in the Chicago area, and tons of bottled beers. I'm psyched that they have recently opened a second location in Northbrook.