“Family Friendly Good Vegetarian Food”
Review of Chowpatti

Chowpatti
Reviewed 11 May 2015

My family (with four grandchildren in tow) had our Mother's Day dinner here. The menu choices were superb. As vegetarians, we appreciate being able to order anything on the menu and not have to worry about whether or not there are meat products involved. As an added bonus, vegans can also order dishes with non dairy product substitutions.
The portions were generous and the grandkids loved the fact that they could order more standard fare (grilled cheese, spaghetti, veggie burgers, etc.).
I have read that some diners consider the price too high. But, when you realize that all meals are prepared frrom scratch, I don't think that the price is a consideration.
Also, I enjoyed the use of Indian seasonings and found them to be a welcome addition to the enjoyment of my meal. Variety is the spice of life. I mean, what else would you expect from an Indian restaurant?
The staff are warm and friendly as well as accomodating to family groups.
All in all, a great place to take your family for a nutricious meal and a pleasant dining experience.

Reviewed 31 December 2014

Though they specialize in Indian cuisine, their menu features sections with Mexican, Italian and American food. They prepare each cuisine very well but just know that it all has an Indian accent to it. I think it works really well and creates some great flavor combinations. Also know that it is a vegetarian restaurant. We found the people who work there to be friendly and helpful and were welcomed as soon as we walked in the door. The atmosphere is fine for families but not so much for a romantic date. The main negative though is the price. It came to just under $50 for the two of us for lunch with 2 appetizers, 2 entrees and 2 soft drinks.

Reviewed 31 December 2014

Every experience I've had here has been entirely positive. The food is delicious - SO flavorful and unique - and the wait staff has always been smiley and helpful. The decor is minimal and plain but everything is clean. I absolutely loved coming here when I lived in Chicago even though it was a 25-minute drive. Totally worth it. I especially recommend the uttapam!

Reviewed 29 December 2014

I saw on the way and stopped with wife and kid as we were too hungry and vegetarians. We had high expectations from the restaurant as there are very few Indian veg restaurants. We weren't welcomed by any person, after going inside. After a min, a lady sitting on a customers table, lifted her head and said sit any where you want. We selected a table from almost empty restaurant.
The menu was long but wait! The Indian varieties are only few and shocked to see the prices. After selecting and ordering they took their time and served us the food. Food was fine but we thought they are overpriced. The ambiance is good inside the dining area. Felt cozy inside.
I would suggest just reduce the prices and increase the taste. They will get a good business.

Reviewed 17 September 2014

poor service; very small quantity; charge nickel and dime for example, two teaspoonful onions $1.50; lady serving was rude.