See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Clean rooms. Very friendly hospitable staff. Especially the front desk girl Ashley. Ive been to alot of hotels. Smoking rooms available. Free breakfast.Great value for what you recieve. Would visit again. HOJO FO SHO.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Mattathil, Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Addison O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Ms Tanya, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such great feedback! Here at the Howard Johnson, we pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service and stellar hospitality. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us, and would be honored to serve you as a guest in our hotel in the near future. Thank you for being the best part of the Howard Johnson! Go happy, go Hojo!

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

You guys, I am so sorry for shaming those who work here, and I understand it's up to management, so, receptionists and housekeepers(if any) do not feel awkward. The truth is, it is the manager's job to MANAGE his establishment, and this one is not receiving the attention it needs.

- First I got a room on the bottom floor which stunk like cigarettes, everything.

- I asked the Indian receptionist for another room, she accommodated me, but once I entered and snooped around a little bit, I noticed this white stain on the blanket. I mean...if you don't know what it is, you're in problems. They obviously don't wash their top blankets.

I took my business someplace else.

The only satisfying part of this visit was that I got my refund for 0 nights of stay in due time without problems.

Where are you Gordon Ramsay when they need you?
Sunny should sell this property for $500.000 and a new company should take over and renovate the whole place.
PS I literally felt like I was about to shoot an episode of "paranormal activity" here.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Mattathil, Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Addison O'Hare Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Ms Marianne, Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your stay at Howard Johnson Addison. We value your opinion, as it assists us in improving our service and property and your comments and issues have been addressed. We apologize that your experience was less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed their expectations to make their stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We are also proud to inform you that we are in the beginning stages of renovations and improvements, and know that you will impressed with the major changes to come! We hope that we will have the opportunity and pleasure of serving you as a guest in our hotel again. Thank you for being the best part of the Howard Johnson, and have a blessed day!

Reviewed 14 September 2018

The room was spacious and quiet. The bed was comfortable. The breakfast was simple. The property was not as close as I expected, and it should have been mentioned the shuttle from/to the airport was not for free.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for providing us with the positive feedback regarding your stay at Howard Johnson Addison. We pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service and stellar hospitality, and are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We would also like to apologize for the miscommunication regarding the airport shuttle. Thank you again for your patronage, and have a blessed day!

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel because of its affordability and stayed here with my family. The staff was very nice and super helpful. The room was really nice, had ice cold ac, and a nice little coffee maker in the room. The hotel was nice and quiet too. They also had a little arcade game area, which was fun for the kids. They really liked the old school pac man game. I would definitely stay here again!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Ms Ashley, Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide excellent customer service and great hospitality, and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at Howard Johnson Addison! Thank you for being the best part of Howard Johnson, and have a blessed day!

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

You get what you paid for! Stay at this hotel for 6 days and I regret for being cheap. I should’ve booked somewhere else and paid extra. The rooms are so disgusting, the ac unit looks like it’s going to catch fire any moment. I was scared at of tuning those units on because I felt I was going to get shocked! The rooms area so outdated and smelly! I’ve stayed in cheap places before but they didn’t look like this place at all! They don’t clean the restroom well, I noticed it because I left something’s dirty in there and the old man with the old
Lady cleaning the rooms didn’t clean it. Very lazy to clean the rooms and restrooms. Thank God we only used to sleep and left this horrible hotel the entire day till bedtime. My key never work I had to go every night to switch it. The Hindu Lady working at night was very rude and nasty with people. The walls of the hotel and carpet are so filthy it gives you a vibe that the room is disgusting. The owner should visit this place and see what kind of place his running. People
If your on tied budget, or just need a place to rest for the night and don’t mind the dirty places stay here but beware of the hidden fee and the repulsive rooms. I rated this nasty place very low because they don’t even attempt to clean the rooms and the rude staff members. Ashley was the only helpful person in there although she could smile more. The rest of the staff are incompetents!

Date of stay: September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your stay at Howard Johnson Addison. We value your opinion, as it assists us in improving our service and property. We apologize that your experience was less than satisfying, and want you to know that your comments and concerns have been addressed. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed their expectations to make their stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We are also proud to inform you that we are in the beginning stages of renovations and improvements, and know that you will impressed with the major changes to come! We hope that we will have the opportunity and pleasure of serving you as a guest in our hotel again. Thank you for being the best part of the Howard Johnson, and have a blessed day!