“Delicious Lunch Great Service”
Review of South Cobb Diner

South Cobb Diner
Ranked #4 of 80 Restaurants in Austell
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Dining with friends was lovely at this very nice diner. Good comfort type food choices. The service was very efficient and the food came quickly and was prepared correctly. Plenty of food for the price. Desserts were wonderful. The restaurant is very clean and spacious. Parking around the corner is great. Very enjoyable. I will return.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

I had seen that the West Cobb Diner was highly rated, and that the South Cobb Diner was owned by the same people, so stopped in for lunch today. The space is large, but was quite full by the time I left around 12:30. I started with an order of the fried dill pickles - they were scorching hot when they came out, and very good, albeit salty, as you'd expect with dill pickles. They were served with a mustard sauce that I didn't care for, and ranch dressing, which was perfect.

For an entree I had the thyme/black pepper boneless fried chicken breast. It was a very thin patty with just the right amount of batter, and good flavor. There are many sides available - I had the mashed potatoes with brown gravy, and the brocccoli casserole. The potatoes were rather flavorless and needed a lot of pepper and some salt. The broccoli casserole, on the other hand, was a bit too salty already. Everything came out piping hot. My lunch also came with a corn biscuit which was good.

Angie, my server, was on top of things the entire time, even while serving other tables. Others were quick to clear dishes as soon as I was done with them.

The floors are concrete, so there's not much cushioning, and the ceilings are high, so it was starting to get a bit loud by the time I left. I could see a dessert case with some delicious looking cakes, but I was too full to contemplate dessert.

There are only about 5 parking spots outside the door, and I imagine everyone else was parking in back. I arrived around 11:15 so lucked out with a spot next to the entrance. Neither location is terribly convenient for me (I happened to be working from home today) but if in the area, I wouldn't hesitate to go to either one. I saw several things on the menu that I'd like to try.

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

This was our first visit to the South Cobb Diner. I highly recommend it. The food, service and atmosphere was wonderful. It is usually busy during normal lunch hours so I recommend going after 1. I haven't had tastier fish tacos anywhere. Their corn casserole is to die for as were their fried dill pickles. The portions are large so go hungry or prepared to take half home. Considering how large the portions are makes it a good value for the money. We plan on going back whenever we're in town.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

Stopped by for lunch and found the food to be very good, but service a bit slow. Sister diner is West Cobb Diner as we were told by another patron. Large portions of home style cooking, with family friendly environment; however, alcohol is served.