All reviews fort gordon room was clean breakfast buffet family reunion booked this hotel great place to stay nice stay staff was friendly yogurt desk clerk felicia hurricane housekeeper pet interstate
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

There are so many things about this poor place that we found negative, and not just a matter of taste or opinion... we got a room with a king bed and sleeper sofa. *The sleeper mattress had several types of hair in it, dirt, stuff from people’s pockets. They moved us next door, and that sleeper was just a bit less dirty. *Housekeeping put the vacuum sweeper ON THE MATTRESS to sweep it off... all the bacteria and dirt from 100’s of motel rooms now just scrubbed all over the mattress. *The linens are so worn and grey and old. It was insulting to have to sign at the desk that we would be charged $100 if we stole the linen... who would want it? Can buy cleaner, 2nd had at Goodwill! *The AC didn’t cool, 2nd day called maintenance and the entire coil system was caked with dirt - that’s why it didn’t cool. They fixed it and we had AC the 2nd night. *The bathroom smelled sour despite me using the whole can of deodorizer spray. *The toilet reluctantly flushed. *There is No elevator, so we had to drag our luggage upstairs. The pool is situated in the middle of the complex surrounded by fence - LOCKED fence. *So to get to the breakfast area and lobby we had to walk half way around the hotel on the sidewalk. *The breakfast bar was worse than school cafeteria. Reconstituted watery eggs with slight grey tinge to them, grits horribly salty, ran out of fresh cantaloupe and wouldn’t put more out when we asked, coffee that was brown but had no coffee flavor at all. Price was nice when compared to other lodging, but I would have been more comfortable in a tent - it would have been cleaner and smelled nicer. Surely, I cannot recommend this facility. It is an unfortunate place. Wyndham should be embarrassed. But if it is what you can afford, take your own linen and eat breakfast out where you can get real food.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kats1986
AGSGHFOM, Front Office Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Augusta Fort Gordon, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Dear Kats1986,

I want to thank you for your feedback. While I wish, you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it’s apparent in this case, we fell short. I am so sorry for the inconvenience it caused. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that your check in process will be much smoother. I would be happy to make your reservation personally and and see to it that you enjoy the experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

The location is good and close to the Freeway. This area is saturated with descent hotels to choose from. My wife said lets try Baymont By Wyndham . After being bitten bye a room full of mosquitoes and to find that the linen had not been changed as it should have been. The staff fixed the problem immediately without questions. For this I applaud the staff

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AGSGHFOM, Front Office Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Augusta Fort Gordon, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear jnorma613375,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I apologize for the first room you were in. I know first impressions are everything and we let you down. I'm pleased to know we fixed your problem in a timely manner. Please rest assured that appropriate measures have been taken to ensure there are no future incidents of this nature. We hope to see you again if you return to Augusta. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

The Pool is awesome, beautiful surroundings, great beds, updated with usb ports to charge devices, clean. Only about 60 dollars after tax. Not bad! Would definately go again, but would need to take swimming suits.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear dylan36027,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm pleased to know you enjoyed your time at our hotel. We look forward to servicing your lodging needs again. Thank you for choosing Baymont by Wyndham Augusta Fort Gordon.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

Beautiful facility, pleasant staff, fast acting to a complaint. When we checked in there wasn't a light bulb in the lamp next to the bed. Maintenance was told about it and was fixed with 10 minutes. The pool area was clean and spacious and the breakfast buffet was awesome great variety.The only complaint we really had was the cleaning staff. We left our room around 8:00 in the morning and returned at 4;00 in the afternoon and our room wasn't done. They came in and took our towels and trash but never brought towels or can liners back or made our bed. When we went to the front desk they told us that the cleaning staff had gone home for the day. The front desk clerk said she would bring us some and about 20 minutes later she was at our door with towels and liners. Just as I was saying fast acting.

Date of stay: August 2018
AGSGHFOM, Front Office Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Augusta Fort Gordon, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear mrbear12,

Thank you so much for taking time to review our property. I do apologize for the issues that occurred during your stay. However, I am pleased to know that we got them taken care of promptly. Your kind words will serve as encouragement to our team and myself. We look forward to serving your lodging needs again if you return to Augusta. Thank you for choosing the Baymont by Wyndham Augusta Ft-Gordon.

Reviewed 4 August 2018

Old hotel with drive up outside rooms. Stay away from the corner market store. Not a safe feeling. Bullet proof check in window. Local using the pool. Breakfast was okay. I stayed for an extended period because of work.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
AGSGHFOM, Front Office Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Augusta Fort Gordon, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear AtLaw5521,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. That check in window is only used between 11pm-7am. We hope you will give us another chance. Thank you for staying with us.